Clean up australia day.

rayke1938

Last year a few of us got there early and shared castnetting tips. (I was a taker not a giver :blush: ). If there's some guys out there that would like or benefit from something similar speak up in this thread; it's an easy thing to organise. Don't be shy.

Yes please. I tried 3 weeks ago and seem to have forgotten how to do it again.

Cheers,

Kelvin.

OK then, even if you're not planning on participating in the cleanup, come along at 7:30 for some education.

First off we'll need a volunteer cast-net teacher. (Students bring your own net if you have one)

Anything else ? e.g. knot tieing, how to make those stupid tie-down ratchets work easily,...

Ok, sausage sizzle is now organised for when we wrap up the Clean Up. If you haven't yet volunteered to help out, it's not too late!! The more people the better so if you can spare a few hours on Sunday morning to lend a hand it would be greatly appreciated by the fish in the river :)

Ok, sausage sizzle is now organised for when we wrap up the Clean Up. If you haven't yet volunteered to help out, it's not too late!! The more people the better so if you can spare a few hours on Sunday morning to lend a hand it would be greatly appreciated by the fish in the river :)

Second that.

Come on guys, free meal!

Just need to do some labout for a few hours first :P

Angus

OK then, even if you're not planning on participating in the cleanup, come along at 7:30 for some education.

First off we'll need a volunteer cast-net teacher. (Students bring your own net if you have one)

Anything else ? e.g. knot tieing, how to make those stupid tie-down ratchets work easily,...

Any castnetting volunteers want to stick their hand up ?

hey guys,

Im sorry im going to have to pull out at this stage. Ive had a chest infection over the last couple of days that getting worse not better. If it clears up in time ill be there, but at this stage and way im feeling i dont think ill make it.

Any castnetting volunteers want to stick their hand up ?

i'll be there and i can kinda throw a net medioka, so i'll ave a crack at it. if ya get desperate.oi davo, you can jump in my lil tinnie if ya want.

righto dave i'm thinkin of heading up into norman creek for this 1, as the creeks will be where most of the rubbish will be i think, and high tide is around 9.30am too, i'm takin an esky with some drinks and ice if ya bring somethin for yaself thats all good i got some biscuits. 2 packs. so ok there.got sunscreen , so we're good to go ! cya there dave.

Getting everything organised for tomorrow!!

- there will be a sausage sizzle on afterwards everyone

Still need as many people as as possible to come so come on down to the Colmslie Boat Ramp tomorrow morning from 8:30am

Support AFO and the Brisbane River tomorrow...

Archived