Fishing in North Stradbroke

brisbanebound

Hi All,

Havent been fishing for ages due to some problems at home but have decided to gte the rod out again.

Me and a mate heading to NSI at weekend and where wondering what is the best location between Point Lookout and Amity point?

I know Angus reckons its the best spot for fishing, but we are unsure of where to book our accomodation, cant remember what one it was.

Really fancy trying throwing some lures around for a change as well, so any advice really appreciated.

A couple mins up the road from Dunwich is "One Mile" (I think that's what it's called) which is another ferry drop point. When the tied is up it's safe to cast your net and not damage it. 1st cast when we were there the night before Australia day filled the bait bucket with ease

They have bus services from Dunwhich to Amity, Point Look out etc.. during the day I have attached the link to the bus service. http://www.stradbrokebuses.com/

Personally when i went for a day trip with my girfriend without a car we found it a bit tough with fishing gear & beach stuff etc.. and getting from one side of the island to the other.

depends on how long you go for if your there for a few days it's worth taking a car, if just for a day or one night then maybe the bus is ok but it may limit your movements, especially at night if you want to cover some ground when fishimg different spots.

Sundays there was a day rate for cars of 50 bucks which is great, catch the 6am ferry over to NSI and then any ferry back home on the same day (that's what I'm planning to do hopefully this weekend) need to check if the special is still on !!

Archived