Heading to tehe Coomera for the first time

blairv

Hi all

Planning on hitting the Coomera for the first time on Sunday morning about 3am.

I have never fished there before and wondering where I should go and what I should target.

Planning to launch off the ramp next to the M1

Any advise appreciated

Blair

First up, 3 is the best time to launch IMO but its sunday morning so I'll make it 330 :P but as I said in the other post I'm aiming on arriving at 4 sharp.

Target species include, Trevs, JACKS, Trevs, Jacks, Trevs, jacks, tarpon, bream, flathead, whiting, the occasional tailor and cod. dark to first light you can't beat the surface bite so poppers around 50/70mm +/- and walker style lures work a treat but the surface bight can sometimes last all day with any luck. Soft plastics and shallow/deep divers work wonders to. If bait is your style go the livies there are a stack of mullet around atm.

See you sunday B)

hey

if you plan on heading upstream from the ramp at the M1 take care as there is a gravel shoal that wrecks alot of props and motors. there is some yellow signs at the beginning and the end of the shoals. low tide very hard in a tinnie unless you have the know how, stay away from the middle between the signs. probally best launching at upper coomera in the lake and start trolling lures around the lake for trevs especially over near where the fresh flows in, average depth of lake 4 mtrs and i like to use micro mullets, manns stretch 5 , halco laser the smallest model, or go the surface action since you there early around the edges. work the shoals around goose island and any rock edges along the river. good luck mate!

cheers

wes

Im thinking of comming down there, but might be about 3.30am , whats the best road to park on.

hey robin if you launch from the boat ramp there's a big car park so take the hope island turn of turn right and right after the last set of lights don past the pub which will be pit stop on the way home for lunch and a coldie

hey

if you plan on heading upstream from the ramp at the M1 take care as there is a gravel shoal that wrecks alot of props and motors. there is some yellow signs at the beginning and the end of the shoals. low tide very hard in a tinnie unless you have the know how, stay away from the middle between the signs. probally best launching at upper coomera in the lake and start trolling lures around the lake for trevs especially over near where the fresh flows in, average depth of lake 4 mtrs and i like to use micro mullets, manns stretch 5 , halco laser the smallest model, or go the surface action since you there early around the edges. work the shoals around goose island and any rock edges along the river. good luck mate!

cheers

wes

I saw a guy a few weeks ago run his prop right into the shoals there and his motor was bouncing away nicely was a brand new boat too so he would've chewed up his prop nicely. Might also mention like alot of other boats there he ignored the sign that says rock bar 6 knots.

Cheers

Mark

hey

cheers

wes

I saw a guy a few weeks ago run his prop right into the shoals there and his motor was bouncing away nicely was a brand new boat too so he would've chewed up his prop nicely. Might also mention like alot of other boats there he ignored the sign that says rock bar 6 knots.

Cheers

Mark

It is a nasty shoal. The first time i went there the other day I was just idling and bumped it and took a nasty chip out of the prop. Would not like to hit it a speed.

Archived