Bramble bay

kirk22

Hi folks

I grew up on the waterfront at Brighton and used to fish all the time and did pretty well. Due to family/work etc i was too busy to fish and didn't wet a line for years. Now kids are old enough to come too i bought a 12ft boat with a 5hp (called the tortoise). Over the last couple of months i have been having a crack with no luck. Today we went out about 4km offshore and still didnt get a bite.

You may be thinking bait etc I spent over an hour digging for fresh worms today and didn't find one. Can you believe that ??? We used to get heaps as a kid. Pippis seems to have moved out too :( . With a total lack of fresh bait i went back to frozen squid and prawns.

I think i am doing everything right. Well, i am doing everythign i did as kid. Same rigs etc. I was wondering if anyone else has been having any luck in the area. If so where ? And what have you been doing ?? At this point in time i would be happy with anything other than toads. Also I am gonna start to try soft plastics. I have bought rubber prawns to see how they go. Basically folks any and all advice on fishing in this area would be appreciated.

Kirk

Hi Kirk

Bramble bay has not been a great place to fish for me over the last few years. But if you anchor 50m off the cans at Margate boat ramp and fish unweighted with fresh fish fillets you stand a chance at a snapper or two. Head up the pine to Dohles rocks and fish the turn of the tide at the green marker. North of Scarborough on the flats has Sand crabs right now and a few winter whiting on worm or squid strips.

Cheer

Richard

Archived