Upper Brissy Bass with Ryan Young

Angus

Well it was an afternoon of eploring with several wins for Ryan and several losses for me.

In fact more than several losses for me :(

I did manage to land 2 bass around 25cm but I was monstered twice (one spitting the lure after a good fight and one shearing right throuh the loop knot!!!), got bricked twice in the plethora of horiztontal timber and lost yet another on a popper right as we were leaving.

Ryan on the other hand managed to land 2 solid bass and a couple of babies as well.

Oh well it was good to explore some totally new ground with obvious potential.

Cheers.

Angus

Ryans best for the day. Maybe a 40-43cm?

post-63-144598611854_thumb.jpg

Some of the terrain. Lost a good bass to the timber in this stretch. In fact this whole trip in general was the first time I have felt truly undergunned with my 1-3 kg set up :P Oh well Ill up to the 2-4 for next time :)

post-63-14459861186_thumb.jpg

Another high 30's fish.

post-63-144598611866_thumb.jpg

Cheers for the phone call Ryan.

Angus

Great sesh guys, lol is it me or does Ryan keep getting bigger?

Smaller fish maybe :P

I have some more pics that I'll upload this evening.

As a precursor to my brief story tonight, everyone would have done suicidal casts from an impossible position before, trying for that sweetwater that just can't be reached otherwise? Knowing that if you hook a fish, then you are in a world of hurt? Enter Angus, the star of this particular story, hooking a solid fish whilst on a ledge three meters back from the river, with a mountain of deadwood in the way.......More to follow ;-)

This is the first bass I managed. He actually looked a lot bigger underwater, and I almost had my hopes up for a new pb :cheer: . Not to be, and although he didn't make the brag mat, I estimate he was somewhere near mid 40's.

post-5695-144598612042_thumb.jpg

This is the shot of Angus near the end of his epic battle, after managing to hurdle and dodge big debris piles to get close to the water. Unfortunately, close to the moment of success, the pesky bass wrapped the line around some snags close in, and took off with 'Gus's jackall in his mouth.

post-5695-144598612051_thumb.jpg

post-5695-144598612062_thumb.jpg

It was a great day to be out once again, in a new spot for me, and good company as per usual. Thanks for the new spot Angus, was a lot of fun.

Cheers,

Ryan.

I feel for you Angus i had some nasty bust offs last weekend which left me a little discouraged.

But i like to think if the fish was good enough to run towards the snag, and i was equally as bad at steering it out, then it definitely earned an escape from my camera lens.....at least that's what i tell myself to sleep easy.

This is the first bass I managed. He actually looked a lot bigger underwater, and I almost had my hopes up for a new pb :cheer: . Not to be, and although he didn't make the brag mat, I estimate he was somewhere near mid 40's.

[attachment=33557]P4300003.JPG[/attachment]

This is the shot of Angus near the end of his epic battle, after managing to hurdle and dodge big debris piles to get close to the water. Unfortunately, close to the moment of success, the pesky bass wrapped the line around some snags close in, and took off with 'Gus's jackall in his mouth.

Ooohhh nice shirt Angus!!!! Can't wait to get mine

[attachment=33558]P4300004.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=33559]P4300005.JPG[/attachment]

It was a great day to be out once again, in a new spot for me, and good company as per usual. Thanks for the new spot Angus, was a lot of fun.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Archived