Night run with the boys to the bay

crazywalrus

After stocking up at the Austackle morning, Declan playing a blinder at rugby we got the boat ready and than called through Sam's seafoods for a kilo of fresh squid on our way with much anticipation. We quickly head over to the jetties at Coochie and Macleay for livies and hit up the drop off I found with Ellicat a few day's ago. As we arrived another boat arrived at the same spot. Funny this is the second time someone else has had the same mark. Strange when it is long drop off. Anyway we gave way and gave them room and anchored up about 50metres up current. I bet they where happy as we had a good burly trial going.

So the sun was about to set when Declan was onto his first fish. a small Nanny if I am not mistaken?

Other fish to note for the day where Jacob's First Grinner and Declan chipped in with a Legal Squire as well. We had one epic fight with a fish for around 30 minutes only to loose it around the Anchor rope. Serious weight and a few head shakes so not sure what it was but it looked pretty good on the sounder.

Good stuff Ted - nice size morwong. I tried northern side of Mud this morning for zilch. Water cops had a look at my life jackets and weren't happy (I had to admit to my mate that I don't even think I've taken them out of the canvas bag and looked at them since I got the boat from my brother/old boy last April) so said if I headed home I'd avoid a $200 fine so off I went with my tail between my legs!!!!!! Am also leaking a bit through one of the rivets attaching one of my bungs so will get things sorted this week.

These nannygai are starting to show up a bit - wonder how many are out there!!!!

Go the squid! How did the pillies go ?

Beaut session Ted and boys. :woohoo:

Tail walking reef sharks ?!?!.... sounds like they were scared of something bigger to me :ohmy: :lol:

I hooked a 63 cm Morwomg the other night too Ted....you were having a leak at the time so I released it before you turned around so you wouldn't feel bad :P ...honest :whistle:

Good stuff Ted - nice size morwong. I tried northern side of Mud this morning for zilch. Water cops had a look at my life jackets and weren't happy (I had to admit to my mate that I don't even think I've taken them out of the canvas bag and looked at them since I got the boat from my brother/old boy last April) so said if I headed home I'd avoid a $200 fine so off I went with my tail between my legs!!!!!! Am also leaking a bit through one of the rivets attaching one of my bungs so will get things sorted this week.

These nannygai are starting to show up a bit - wonder how many are out there!!!!

Yeah they are. Looked like a nice little fish. Beautiful actually. Hopefully they come into the bay with bigger numbers.

Lucky you did not get fined Kelvin. The water police where at the Viccy Point Ramp when I got in at 10 last night. i got a warning because I was having issues with the brightness of the all round light. Poor contact but funny because Monday and Wednesday it was blinding. I got off to with a warning as well.

Brian hmmm must have missed that one. Pillies got an array of fish from Grassy, Squire, sharks and Sting Rays.

Thanks guys for the comments.

Great fishing trip Ted & the boys !!!

Good too see you got out with all that shiny new gear too! have you got your new Austackle shirt yet ;)

Cheers, Manni

I only just found out about it today. will be good to have another shirt to knock around in.

Yeah The Nannys are a great looking fish. Would like to get onto some bigger ones.

eug - yeah they are keen - i wanted to go home at 10 and had arguments with Declan when we went to leave. :P

Wes - would love to see some pics of the bigger Nannys.

Cheers guys Ted

Archived