Jew and Mangrove Jack as a feed

Dibbs

Jacks are my favourite fish to eat, would rather a jack than even a coral trout or red emperor any day. I like to bake them whole.

I have only caught 5 legal jew in my entire life, have kept two (both were around 15kg black jew), and it was so long ago I can't even remember what they tasted like!

Jacks are AMAZING to eat, I've only ever landed 2, let 1 go kept the other for a feed.

Lets say a 47-50cm fish will feed a family of 4 nicely.

I did it thi style, full fish, cavity stuffed with fresh corriander, grated ginger, fresh diced chilli, pinch of salt,tiny pinch of palm sugar, squeeze of fresh lime juice, then score the outter sides of the fish and squeeze a bit of lime juice on to it. then place limce slices along body, wrap in foil and place on moderate heat on bbq (hood down prefered) for about 20 mins, (may take longer or less keep an eye on it) the lime juice will start the cooking process due to citric acid.

Warning: you will want more... :)

Jacks are AMAZING to eat, I've only ever landed 2, let 1 go kept the other for a feed.

I did it thi style, full fish, cavity stuffed with fresh corriander, grated ginger, fresh diced chilli, pinch of salt,tiny pinch of palm sugar, squeeze of fresh lime juice, then score the outter sides of the fish and squeeze a bit of lime juice on to it. then place limce slices along body, wrap in foil and place on moderate heat on bbq (hood down prefered) for about 20 mins, (may take longer or less keep an eye on it) the lime juice will start the cooking process due to citric acid.

Yes Bill is Jack MAD...Jack this Jack that :lol::lol:;):):P

Oh I forgot one thing... Serve with a crisp fresh salad.

Oh I forgot one thing... Serve with a crisp fresh salad.

yummmmmm ur making me hungry now :dry: :)

Archived