brazilian style rump steak

Junky

Sous vide is only cooked in water but sealed from touching the water, as in put the meat in plastic bag and immerse in water,

covering the meat by 1 inch.

We do it a lot and , yes, it is just so much better, more so for your tougher cuts..

Sous vide is just a water heater that you can set to a set temp.

I mostly set it at 68 C. for 8 hours. Those cheap sets are OK for home use. Use any deep steel container for a base, we use an old deep fryer, ex chips cooker.

9 hours ago, Angry51 said:

Sous vide is only cooked in water but sealed from touching the water, as in put the meat in plastic bag and immerse in water,

covering the meat by 1 inch.

We do it a lot and , yes, it is just so much better, more so for your tougher cuts..

Sous vide is just a water heater that you can set to a set temp.

I mostly set it at 68 C. for 8 hours. Those cheap sets are OK for home use. Use any deep steel container for a base, we use an old deep fryer, ex chips cooker.

I gave this a go about a month ago using he slow cooker set on low.

It was very tender but I think I should have seasoned it in the bag in the slow cooker instead of before searing.

Yeah, you can do it in the slow cooker but you can't regulate the temp to exactly what you want. Season in the bag before cooking,

we do it day before  let rest in fridge.

Most important, you can not over cook it.

If you set the temp, set timer to for whatever hours to coincide with dinner time, just pull it out carve / eat and it still hot.