Opinions on a good offshore Spin Reel

Just wondering what is your favourite choice of offshore spin reel for a good price? Something that is great quality, can keep up a good fight and can last you a long time.

Cheers

Jack

penn spinfisher 950 are the bomb for the price $199 or on special $150 ( bcf )

i run 50lb braid on one spool and 80lb braid on the other. in summer i chase sharks with it and in winter cobes, snapper ect.

i have got a 650, 750 and 2 950's and havent had any probs with them. they dont have reverse, so its one less part to go wronge with them

Just wondering what is your favourite choice of offshore spin reel for a good price? Something that is great quality, can keep up a good fight and can last you a long time.

Cheers

Jack

i run 50lb braid on one spool and 80lb braid on the other. in summer i chase sharks with it and in winter cobes, snapper ect.

i have got a 650, 750 and 2 950's and havent had any probs with them. they dont have reverse, so its one less part to go wronge with them

what sort of price range you looking for

Cheers

Jack

anything up to about $400. I need something that can handle jigging for 30kg plus kingfish in the Bay of Islands

Cheers

Jack

anything up to about $400. I need something that can handle jigging for 30kg plus kingfish in the Bay of Islands

i upgraded the washers in the spinfisher that runs the 80lb, and it now pulls 22kg of drag smoothly without shuddering, but realisticly you cant hold onto anything more than 15 for great lengths of time

I have a Daiwa Saltist 4500H and I like it, had no problems with it and it can take some abuse. As much as I'd like a Saltiga I just don't go deep offshore to warrant the money. OOO and I've just ordered some Carbontex drag washers for it so that's a bit of an upgrade and only cost $26 with postage.

i have a saragossa 18000 and is what i would use for the king fish in that price range with upgraded drag what rod are you using i have a pe8 jigwrex

cheers Tim

I have a wilson live fibre rod and am thinking of maybe getting a monster mesh

What pe rating I know someone selling a nice jigging rod ATM I think it pe 3 to 4 it would be a bit light for 30kg fish but great rod for places like hutches there's a gt popping forum that has a bit of info on jigging in nz might be some help for you

Shimano Baitrunner for me.

I'm with you Colvan. I've got a 12000D paired with a cheap SHimano rod and it's brilliant, and can pull up no 12 sinker quick as look. Managed a 6 foot shark last week in 50m and while it didn't have to face the pace of say a pelagic is still had quite a bit of pull and handled it without a problem. Can't wait to get a decent red on it!

Archived