Pumping session in the Pine

Jords

Decided driving all the way to uni just for the one lecture was far too difficult, and had to drop some glasses into dan murphy's albany creek, so thought I'd drop a line into the pumping station. The girlfriend decided she wanted to come, so thought I should check the shrimp pot to get her some bait, and sure enough there was around 20 good sized shrimp and one little red-claw. Got to the pumping station at around 2 and dropped the first lines in shortly after. After about 10 minutes without a hit, charly started getting a bit bored when her line took off. With a bit of assistance she pulled in the first (and biggest) fish of the day, at 44/45cm to the fork

post-529-144598621521_thumb.jpg

post-529-144598621526_thumb.jpg

Me holding it (she was reluctant at first)

While I was helping her sort this out, my rod went off. Hands tangled in fish, it is lucky I took Ray's hint and tied it to the grate, it got pulled straight into the water. After releasing her fish I picked up my rod and pulled in this tiddler. Made me feel a bit self-concious :(

post-529-14459862153_thumb.jpg

We pulled in a variety of fish throughout the day, ended up 5 or 6 a piece, and caught a little tagged fish.

Tag number tz9213 anybody? Was only a little fella 29 to the fork.

There was also a decent sized bass with some serious gill-plate rot

post-529-144598621536_thumb.jpg

Managed to avoid the storm, only copping a sprinkle for around 5 minutes.

Will be taking her little bro down thursday arvo after he's done at school, see if we can get into a few more

Cheers

......Me holding it (she was reluctant at first)

While I was helping her sort this out, my rod went off. ..... Made me feel a bit self-concious

:( Cheers

quoted out of context for sure :evil: sorry mate :blush: sounds like a fun session though :woohoo:

......Me holding it (she was reluctant at first)

While I was helping her sort this out, my rod went off. ..... Made me feel a bit self-concious

:( [Cheers

quoted out of context for sure :evil: sorry mate :blush: sounds like a fun session though :woohoo:

Hahaha cheeky mate. Yeah was a good session, nice to get into a few fish - it's been a while

nice catch, i pulled in just as you were leaving, i ended up getting 3 little bass about 27cm each, and a few guys wandered up to where you were fishing and got about 4 each using soft plastics.

good little spot, better when the wall is releasing water.

alot of big dead bass on the shoreline, this is shattereing as it seems such a waste.

nice catch, i pulled in just as you were leaving, i ended up getting 3 little bass about 27cm each, and a few guys wandered up to where you were fishing and got about 4 each using soft plastics.

good little spot, better when the wall is releasing water.

alot of big dead bass on the shoreline, this is shattereing as it seems such a waste.

Good work mate. Yeah have seen a few bass belly up, not too sure why. I'm guessing it might be the occasional one that didn't make it over the wall, but I rekon it is because of the falling dissolved oxygen rates in the water - when the waters flowing it increases the amount of dissolved oxygen meaning the waterway can support many more fish. But now the water has stopped flowing, I think there may just be too many fish in there for what the waterway can support. I have also seen whole schools of mullet swimming around on the surface 'gasping for air'. Hopefully it settles out soon.

Archived