Brunswick Bream

Scope

Headed down to camp at Brunswick a few weeks ago to test out my little boat. Didn't get to fish as much as I liked due to a force ten hangover on the Sunday but still managed a few bream to make it worth getting out there in the rain. Most came on Damiki's Saemi in the new colour (soft shell 322h) There were some new snags that I hadn't seen before and I had a field day slowly sinking some unweighted rippers down into them. The fish were hard to come by with the water being crystal clear and the lack of cloud cover wasn't helping me either. I had a lot of follows with some very apprehensive strikes. I think a lighter leader would have helped a little.

post-5732-144598629493_thumb.jpg

post-5732-144598629504_thumb.jpg

post-5732-144598629913_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the pics - they turned out not too bad for a shivering hand holding a mobile phone in low light conditions :P

I also had the chance to help a few guys new to fishing to get onto their first bream on a plastic, they were absolutely stoked and I've gotta say - its a good feeling. By the end of the day I was a bit sick of tying jig heads on for four people though! haha :lol:

Hope to get back down there again soon as its a lovely part of the world. :)

Cheers Scopesy

nice one Scope. Good to see you managed a few. Love Brunswick trying to organize another trip down there.

Yeah that sounds great mate, a social would be good. I was a little disappointed about the state of origin being moved from down that way this year. Not that Jacobs Well won't be good, its just that Brunswick is magical!

Archived