HELP - Need A Website/Domain Name

aussie123

Hi Guys

I am getting tired of being stuck at home 7 days a week breeding fish so I am starting off a new venture to free up my time for more fishing and trips away camping.

The website is going to be an online shop with around 10,000 individual boating and chandlery items and down the track I will be adding a range of fishing gear and camping gear.

I am looking for suggestions for a great name that encompasses the boating gear,camping gear and fishing gear.

Everything that I think of seems to be already registered so its time to ask for suggestions.

Please post up any names that you think of and I can see if it is registered already.

I am also be looking for contact details of any people making niche products in any of those 3 categories like boating stuff,lures ect so if you know anyone please let me know via a PM.

Thanks

Lance

Nice one mate. Good luck with the new business! have you got a supplier sourced? are you looking at brand name stuff? As for the name, I got no idea. I have come to realise a clever catchy name is nowhere near as important as people think it is, think of how many websites you use have weird nonsense names (youtube for example) The more important thing is search engine optimisation.

Hi Woody

I have my wholesalers on board for the boating/chandlery gear and I am flat out compiling the lists to upload to the site within the next couple of weeks hopefully.

Its all brand name gear,not the cheap knockoff rubbish.

It will probably take a couple of months to sort out the price lists and site menus to get the best layout so people can find items nice and easy but I will get there eventually.

I heard recently that you will soon be able to use something other than the usual .com or .net or whatever and have anything that you want. So for example You could register the domain name as chandlery.brisbane or something like that, although the gov't will have first crack at buying .brisbane and .queensland so I would be a bit more creative than that :lol:

I heard recently that you will soon be able to use something other than the usual .com or .net or whatever and have anything that you want. So for example You could register the domain name as chandlery.brisbane or something like that, although the gov't will have first crack at buying .brisbane and .queensland so I would be a bit more creative than that :lol:

Ant thats correct even will allow you to do "firstname.lastname" however these will sell for thousaaaaands of dollars as oppose to cheaps average .com addresses

Cheers

Ant thats correct even will allow you to do "firstname.lastname" however these will sell for thousaaaaands of dollars as oppose to cheaps average .com addresses

Cheers

Thanks Manni, so my old man wasn't telling porkies again :lol: it could be worth it if you can get something memorable enough to make people think of your business whenever they are after what you sell.

Archived