Road Trip North!

sax

Gday guys,

Been a while since Ive posted but was hoping for some advise. :blush:

Im heading north for 10 days from the 28th of June with a good mate of mine.

We are planning to spend our time camping/fishing/drinking. sounds good ey!

So far the options for stopovers are Harvey Bay, Bundaberg, Baffle Creek, 1770, and now Gladstone (Boyne river) after reading Wesfish's report!!

Any thoughts or advise RE: locations, tactics, gear, anything, would be appreciated :)

BTW we have a 4x4 and a 15hp tinnie.

Cheers B)

Re bundy... if the weather is nice head out from the river and I think at the mouth its pretty good... also along the foreshore from the mouth of the river to Bargara is worth a shot in close. I've done pretty well landbased there on plastics. Flatties, bream, whiting, spanglies and a jack.

With the time you have mate, I would be trying to get into North Queensland. Above Townsville, there are some fantastic places to flick a lure in the pursuit of Sooty Grunter, Jungle Perch and Barra. Not to mention the briny waterways up that way.....God I wish I fished when I was up in Townsville!!!!

Cheers,

Ryan.

theres heaps of spots from hervey bay north to gladstone.i lived up that way for 20 years.first i would try burnett heads.the boat ramp is good it is in a big manmade bay that drains by about 80% at low tide good flathead and whiting,you can pump yabbies on the clean sand in that bay.rock walls in the burnett will offer monster bream,i found mullet gut the best on light gear,north wall is good for this,but all of them will turn up BIG braem at night.baffle creek is good heaps of grunter and in season jacks.south to elliott heads you can get good mackeral between the heads,a fair bit of current there and some shallow ground but good fishing.gladstone is good to go behind the powerstation can fish really well go to the infomation centre its at the marina,there is a bait and tackle store there,you can get some good fish off the jetty there and also theres a boat ramp there to get you into the bay,anything is possible out there but i would target black jew around the marker boys.if i was you i would not go much further than baffle as the options for fishing in all conditions decress the futher north you go.bundy has heaps of areas for all conditions,hervey bay is not far away and you can put in at urangan and fish some good ground in good conditions,and urangan pier has been known to throw up the odd monster.good luck dont forget the bream are on up at burnett heads and the burnett river.i think the blue water boat club is having a bream comp up there sone might be fun

Archived