My New Kayak

qbkami

I recently bought a new kayak and now decked it out with some gear :) will probably upgrade it a bit further later in the year but until then that my setup :). Tested the fishfinder the other day, i need to get use to reading this stuff and get the right settings on my fishfinder ( a lot of surface clutter showing ). The kayak has got me two tailor so far but hopefully get me into some snapper :P

Ill prob head out with some of the boys here sometime when there is a yak session, will be looking forward to learning how to kayak fish ^^ and posting up some reports.

post-7613-144598638946_thumb.jpg

post-7613-144598638956_thumb.jpg

post-7613-144598638967_thumb.jpg

post-7613-144598638973_thumb.jpg

post-7613-144598638978_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys

Hey guys I a few times now when i go kayaking i see packs of dolphins around me, ive heard a rumor that if you see dolphins they arnt any sharks around is that right?

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmLYGzlPLj0

true or false? whats your take?

Nice mate......and a spot for a deckie lol!!!

Fishing is more enjoyable with two :)

I didn't thak you then ryan I clicked reply :huh:

Nice setup mate, just need to find a mate to pedal you around all day while you catch all the snapper

:lol: bullseye ahaha got it all planned out, just need to find them

nice ride mate. Blood Red hmmmm here sharky sharky :P seriously great looking yak. good luck on your first Snap in it.

havent seen any sharks yet but seen dolphins heaps of them, they came pretty close its was very cool B)

Cheers guys

Hey guys I a few times now when i go kayaking i see packs of dolphins around me, ive heard a rumor that if you see dolphins they arnt any sharks around is that right?...

this is a common misconception that a lot of people believe... that when dolphins are present in an area, there will not be any sharks nearby.The fact is sharks and dolphins hunt and eat the same food (fish)in common areas, so the presence of dolphins feeding could in fact indicate the possiblity of sharks as well.

Many years ago when I used to spearfish I sometimes saw dolphins and sharks in the same area and they did not have a problem with the fact that they were around each other.

Dolphins and sharks are two fish eating predators who have to compete for food in the same territory, just like the other fish in the food chain.

They can usually co-exist peacefully as part of life in the ocean but they can and do attack and sometimes kill each other under various circumstances.

For instance if a lone dolphin has a calf or a pod of dolphins have calves with them and they felt a shark/s was a threat to the calves or an ill/old member of the pod they would turn on that threat.

Remember that the reason you see more dolphins is they breath air and must come to the surface to breath,they are intelligent and curious but cautious, and have no fear to show themselves to us especially if they are frolicing around or trying to mooch a free snack.

Archived