redland bay 4 days of fun

RyanG45

hey every one

i went down to redland bay on friday night, no fishing was done friday night.

all the fishing started from Day 1 saturday:

weather was alright in the mourning a bit windy but not to bad, i went out early instead of sitting at home waiting for joel to come down. so packed the rods put the boat in and off to my gdads spot to see what i can catch. anchored up tied a gulp pumkinseed mullet on and first cast got a pike and many more came after that. i decided to change lures to a blade that joel makes and first cast on that scored me a little cod going bout 15cm :)

post-7369-144598641012_thumb.jpg

post-7369-144598641024_thumb.jpg

i was out for 2 and a half hours and i decided to head back in for some lunch and to wait for joel to come. ended up with 7 pike for dinner :) i also got a shovel nose shark which was fun on my light gear :)

[attachment:10]25062011025.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:11]25062011026.jpg[/attachment]

post-7369-144598641034_thumb.jpg

finally joel turned up around 2ish so we put his boat in and went out together got to gdads spot again and fishing started out good with me hooking a little squire, we got pike after pike after pike but unlucky to joel he only got 3 pike and i ended up with 18 in about 2 hours. so sun was nearly gone so we headed back in to the boat ramp and i saw a cobia skeleton so i picked that up and took it home for crab bait.

post-7369-144598641044_thumb.jpg

we ended up with 21 with out counting the others i caught earlier in the day.

Day 2 : sunday

weather was alot better than saturday another early morning boats in and we fishing. we decided to go chase some stingrays just for a bit of fun but ended up with nothing just a little shovel nose shark that joel caught (gave his stradic and tcurve 1-3 a work out) :)

post-7369-144598641054_thumb.jpg

post-7369-144598641064_thumb.jpg

we headed back in to get the crab pots to try our luck for some crabs. grandad said ohh you wont get any crabs first time we checked them got a legal sandy. so in he came for dinner one lonley sandy but oh well we left them in overnight.

Day 3: monday

weather was perfect basicly a sheet of glass. first thing we did was check the pots :) hoping for the best. first pot we checked had a big female muddie let her go and checked the others the second one had one legal sandy and the third had 2 legal muddies and one legal sandy so took them home. got gma to make chilly mud crab which was amazing :P

post-7369-144598641075_thumb.jpg

we also headed over to snipe to get drag netting to try and get some gar. first pull we did got us 5 whiting and one of those whiting went 33 cm and another one went 27cm :0 i havnt seen whiting like that for a long time. did 3 more drags after that and just got some gar but not as much as we normaly get :(

post-7369-144598641086_thumb.jpg

post-7369-144598641096_thumb.jpg

for dinner we had batter whiting fillets salad chili mud crab and hot chips. was one of the best feeds ive had in a while.

Day 4: tuesday

weather went back to normaly was realy windy white caps and just wasnt good fishing weather so that was our relax day. we hit up the tackle shop and went home to fillet all the pike we had. after an hour or so we finished all the pike and just went in side and read magazines. well that was the end of a great fishing trip i hope every one likes the read. :)

cheers ryan

post-7369-144598641102_thumb.jpg

post-7369-144598641113_thumb.jpg

Good onya Ryan & co. A few good days entertainment.

Makes me wish I was back in your shoes again :)

You're keen using a drag net in this weather :lol:

it was a good couple of days but the day we netted was basicly a sheet of glass and it was so clear

cheers ryan

Archived