Hi all,

Thought I should finally introduce myself. Nickname is BJ from the redcliffe area. Originally came from Atherton, spent every single weekend during high school on the water up there. Our group used to do quite well out of it, big barra (one world record), 12kg black bream and a lot of redclaw. Also used to do a lot of trips to cooktown chasing GT's off the jetty at archers point.

I'm more interested in catching big fish so prefer the sea but without a boat at the moment so unfortunatly I usually do charter boats. Have a mate with a great boat but in 6 years he has only taken it out once. I'm saving up for a boat and think I will be biting the bullet soon, the pics of everyones catchs is getting me pretty keen.

Also do a lot of riding out on the trail bike. Its my main hobby at the moment but hoping to find a bit of time for some fishing too.

Hope to see you all around soon. Looks like a grat friendly site with a lot of great tips.

BJ

Sounds like you have seen some pretty sweet fish, would love to see some pics of the barra and black bream. Until you get a boat, there are some big threadfin salmon and jew to be had in the brisbane river, and can be caught landbased.

They look deformed at that size. Massive gut on them. If anyone ever gets to Atherton go and have a chat to Darryl at the Atherton Bait and Tackle. He will put you onto the good spots and used to have all the pics up. Will see if I can get the pics one day.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived