Monthly "Masterclass" suggestion. Discuss...

Caffrey

So, I was thinking, I and I get the feeling plenty of the other newbies around here trawl the site for information, hints and tips. I know I jump on the site about 3-4 times a day (sometimes more, I have a problem okay) and I love reading everyones reports, and general chat wether it be about hardbodies, sp's, bait, rods & reels etc... The problem I have is after reading a report I need to know more and more about methods, terminology, time & tides, the list is endless. Yes, I know I can ask the topic poster questions, but sometimes as a newb, certain things pass right over me. 

Now my suggestion isn't specifically based around newbies or my own want to learn something for free. I propose a monthly Masterclass thread/ subject where once a month a chosen member with knowledge on a subject, writes an article explaining something from the ground up e.g blades - what they are, how they work and how you can get them to work for you. Or someone like MadMullett giving his advice on sharking and how not to get eaten. 

I just figured we have some great anglers/fishos here and with that is a wealth of knowledge. So behind the idea Is the chance to create a database filled with local knowledge for everyone to enjoy, discuss and the whole point, put into practice. 

Look it may sound like a lot of work but surely there are folks wanting to pass on their knowledge to a group of people who would really appreciate it. Anyways, the idea came to me the other day after landing my pb flatty and having no idea how to grab it without a finger going septic lolz. 

To summarize; subject that one member a month uploads (not sure how we would chose, maybe a submission system with a small prize for the chosen article like report of the month) subject stays there for members to read, go back to, discuss and put into practice. 

I'm not trying to re invent the wheel here, just suggesting that the centralizing of knowledge would for one, stop the same questions being asked, and two, be totally awesome 

Cheers for reading guys 

Alex Caffrey. 

Cheers Mark, and yeah the seasonal thing sounds great. The options are endless, I'm certain we have experts from far north down to the border and everywhere in between. And to clarify for the readers, it's not about giving away your spot x, but more the things you do at those spots.

i hear what you are trying to say. it is a great idea, but who chooses what and when to write something and where do you stop in going into depth of the catagory. everyone has a style that works for them.

so maybe it should be a topic say sharking for an example..... i say my part in baits, traces, where, when and species ect on how i catch them, and then bass tracker has his word, then russion ect. and from all the info, you should get a fire idea on how things are done.

but generally if you read threw differant post, it will give you some sort of idea on how and where to fish

I reckon its a good idea since pretty sure everyone has a area which they are lacking in. in mentioning "MadMullett giving his advice on sharking and how not to get eaten. " Ive always wanted to know the correct way to hold a shark when you've caught one :S.

Cheers q

Definitely think it is a good idea. Maybe you could go with what they do on another forum, and base it around the fish of the month? Maybe get someone who is known for being successful with that species to write it, or maybe get the winner to write at the end of the month re their general approach to that species?

Yes, this is a good idea and one we are looking at doing something along the lines of soon.

At the moment we are a little busy with the 2011 Moreton Bay Classic and getting the shop up and going (on top of our usual Report of the Month, Photo of the Month, Fish of the Month).

But we are hoping within a few more weeks we will be able to revamp a few things and provide more helpful information and make it easier to find.

Archived