Cairns Charters

tikki169

Right I've done a search and can't find any info less than about a year old.

I'm heading off to Cairns for a week in mid September and want to book in a charter. I've tried with Blackout charters but they can only fit me in on my first day in Cairns and I'd prefer something closer to when I leave so I can vac seal some fish and bring it back with me.

Can anyone suggest any other well respected charters that use good quiality spinning gear. I'm after a full day and price isn't too much of an issue (except something like Nomad) cause they're all about $230-50 a day.

Thanks guys.

Have you tried any of these?
/>http://tools.cairns.com.au//activities/adventure-fishing.php?limits=0,20,55&search=1&activity_category_id=125

I assume you are after a reef charter, I really only fish inshore these days, but a mate of mine goes on an overnight charter pretty regularly for reds and trickies etc. He always gets good fish and has told me its very cheap; I'll let you know who he goes with once he gets back to me.

If you are after inshore, I always see the charters in Trinity inlet getting onto good fish- they livebait the deep holes. Dunno how much they cost though.

Drop me a PM if you like when you are in town, if I'm not offshore working you can come down with me and get busted up at barra corner if you like. :)

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for that. I'll have to take you up on the offer, sounds like fun to me.

An over night charter would be good to. I'm happy fishing in shore but would like to get outter reefs,guess it all depends on what's available.

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that yet.

Much appreciated

Kevin

Archived