Mouth of the RIver Wednesday Night 10/8/11

shaunl

A mate and myself decided last minute to go for a fish in the Brissie river for the high tide yesterday. Low wind conditions made it a comfortable trip out from Pinkenba to the mouth of the river. We sounded out the area and decided to work the bottom of the drop off out at Luggage Point. It's generally a carpark out there, but being a week night, we only had to share the area with one other boater.

A few snags later and a couple of lost lures :pinch: :pinch: we ended up with this beautiful jewfish -

post-2670-144598662001_thumb.jpg

post-2670-144598662013_thumb.jpg

Weighed in at 6.34kg and measured on the 84cm mark. (apologies for the photo being incorrectly orientated, but don't I know how to fix it)

That was a PB jewfish for my mate in the river.

After another hour and a half of casting at the dropoff with no luck, we pulled up the electric and headed back to the ramp.

One fish for the night, but hey, if that's all we caught, I'd take that anytime!

Cheers,

Shaun.

Dell, it's got a 115hp Mercury four stroke on the back and it's the Triton 18 Explorer. It is a very comfortably and dry ride and can handle quite a fair bit of chop. If it's blowing more that 15knots NE'ly, I tend to stay in the river, otherwise, mud island here we come!

Forgot to mention the lure that did the damage - it was snapback in 5" in nuclear chicken. With the tide only starting to move out, we were getting to the bottom with a 3/8 in 3/0 jighead very easily. Could have gone a lot lighter, but it caught the fish.

Cheers,

Shaun.

Archived