My New Surf Plastics Combo YOU BEYEWTEH!

Jig_Meister

Hi Guys, My new setup is awesome

Daiwa - Sea jigger 315 8-15lb 35-60g i think its around 9-10ft

Shimano - stradic 5000 fj

Fins - 15lb braid

NEED TIPS ON THESE:

power bait - 4" power minow (clear) gld/flk/scales

power bait - 4" (Glow scales)

damiki - 4" ripper (skin blue)

Gulp - 5" jerk shad (pilchard)

and also a lure : pilchard 40g river 2 sea

what size jig heads should i use for the plastics and any ideas on where there is good surf

its my first time useing plastics in the surf so any tips would be great

TIGHT LINES!, James

Ps. i will post pics if requested

What are you targeting mate? looks a bit heave to me to be throwing around 4" plastics, I rekon it would be a great setup for spinning slugs for tailor. What size jig heads have you got there?

1/4's mate im really new to lures/plastics i used to surf fish with my dad

so when i found out you could use plastics in the surf i went a little crazy

and splurged 650 bucks

but i am very open to ideas

thanks for the reply woody

cheers, James

Nice set up mate, good luck with it. B)

Cheers mate, any tips for the plastics and lure i bought ?

Cheers, James

I've never really done any surf work myself mate, having said that if I were to throw plastics around in the surf I'd probably go a little larger maybe 5-6" and use 1/4-3/8th head. Heavier heads are just personal preference I could be wrong but I imagine a light head would get pummelled around in the surf.

I guess it depends on what you're targeting too.

One thing I have been seeing a lot with slugs in the surf is people change the trebles over to a single, apparently it lessens the chance of the fish throwing the hook if it jumps (salmon, tailor etc.)

Cheers Keen as, well ill pop over to the tackle shop this weekend and have a chat with them

i was told that the surf does most of the work for you throwing the plastic around looking like an injured fish but like i said im new so ill try anything i was also told that butter knife handles work best for tailor I LOVE TAILOR but ill target anything in the surf

Cheers James B)

goldcoast seaway anywhere of the rock walls there produces afew different species, school jew, big flatties, squire...definatly worth giving that a go.

Mate i am not blaming the gold coast, but this weekend i went to corumbin/palm beach/broadwater/the spit/labradore from 3:3AM to 6pm and i didnt get one strike nor did i get one nibble or even one of

of those wierd ("did i hit a rock or was that a bite deals), i was fishing off rocks sand flats surf esturies (i was only using soft plastics) but i dont know what im doing wrong i almost snapped my $650 combo on saturday when my g/f called me and asked me if i caught anything... i honestly (lost the plot)

i am sure its something im doing wrong but i cant figure out what it is and its driving me nuts.

so far i have spent in a month $1700 im doing everything im told and nothing is happening

sorry just venting im broke pissed off

and over driving an hour each way to catch nothing

cheers for the help though moses(and everyone for that fact) seriously, thanks for giving me the time.

but its been 8 fishing trips with catching nothing

and im a little tired

and i dont care if it's a bream but i just wanna catch something

LOL

tight lines, James

I feel for ya mate, I know it certainly happens to me sometimes too and I get full of frustration and want to hang my rods up in disgust, but I always end up just getting back on the fishing wagon. Can I suggest maybe have a couple of sessions using bait with that new rod? Maybe jig or castnet some herring and do some livebaiting with it? Even if you just get a stingray or shark at least the new rod will get a workout.

I feel for ya mate, I know it certainly happens to me sometimes too and I get full of frustration and want to hang my rods up in disgust, but I always end up just getting back on the fishing wagon. Can I suggest maybe have a couple of sessions using bait with that new rod? Maybe jig or castnet some herring and do some livebaiting with it? Even if you just get a stingray or shark at least the new rod will get a workout.

Hmmm.... haha i never thought of that, i mean i have always used bait my whole life and caught so many fish

but so many people told me to leave the bait at home.

i never thought of grabbin some good old fashoned livies and goin for it

just to christen my rod

Thank you for the words of wisdom :0

its suprising how much you dont think of when your frustrated

thanks tiotony :D

Cheers, James

Hmmm.... haha i never thought of that, i mean i have always used bait my whole life and caught so many fish

but so many people told me to leave the bait at home.

i never thought of grabbin some good old fashoned livies and goin for it

just to christen my rod

Thank you for the words of wisdom :0

its suprising how much you dont think of when your frustrated

thanks tiotony :D

Cheers, James

Awesome, hope you get some beasts using livies with it, because then I would probably get some good fishing mojo which I am in dire need of :woohoo: . Getting home in a week and probably a month off, have a new Nitro/Twinpower SP combo that's still a big fish virgin even though i've had it for 4 months :blush: . I REALLY want to finally break it in :cheer:

Yeah mate i know i havent even broken it in with littlies but im going on my first reall fishing trip ever in two weeks to northwest island east of gladstone with a bunch of mates witch is supposed to be real fishing soo maybe i will get a bit to broken in maybe a snapped rod at least it will be worth my time

Cheers, James

mate would be looking in each area of beach before i throw a sp out, look for tailor or dart cruising in the waves. i would personally use a 1/2-1oz jig head so i could get out as far as possible . let it hit the bottom then retrieve at a fairly fast to medium pace for the tailor. the seaway rock walls would be a good start for a chance at tailor or trevs. try throwing some chrome gillies in the 25-40gram range.. look for birds diving and bait balls being busted up and try and land the chrome in the middle ;)

mate would be looking in each area of beach before i throw a sp out, look for tailor or dart cruising in the waves. i would personally use a 1/2-1oz jig head so i could get out as far as possible . let it hit the bottom then retrieve at a fairly fast to medium pace for the tailor. the seaway rock walls would be a good start for a chance at tailor or trevs. try throwing some chrome gillies in the 25-40gram range.. look for birds diving and bait balls being busted up and try and land the chrome in the middle ;)

Thanks wesfish thats a big help

ill definitly keep an eye out for bust up's next time i was using 10.5 gram jig heads last time

thanks again

Cheers James

Archived