First Bass on Lure, stoke!!!

cy1301

Hi all, set off to spot "X" with Chris and Nick to try my hand on some bass fishing with lures. I have only ever caught Bass with live shrimp so tonight was a bit of anticipation from my end. This spot was kindly introduced to me by Chris and I was skeptical at first but my first trip there I saw bass landed. However, I did not land any and I blame the wind. (you have to blame something) :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Anyway, tonight was different, no wind for a start. :woohoo: Chris and Nick was really nice to wait for me for my first cast. I had an Ecogear SX40 on, was playing with it in the swimming pool earlier in the day and I really liked the action on it. Anyway, decided to throw it at the bass tonight. First cast, a bass tried to hit it and I missed. Heart pumping now .... boys told me to tighten the drag as the fish will try and bury me in the structures. Second cast, a couple of winds on the handle and WHAMP!! I was on!!! Fish pulled hard, had to pull it out into the open and in the end I managed to land my first bass on lure!!! Happy is an understatement. :lol:

post-9434-144598683543_thumb.jpg

Landed another one which is bigger than my first one, however, I honestly do not know how big it is as we do not have any measuring equipment with us. I am guessing nearly 40cm.

post-9434-144598683532_thumb.jpg

It went quiet for a bit and the next one on was Chris. His fish nearly buried him and Chris managed to pull it out and here it is. Sorry about Chris looking like a Vampire as I do not know how to fix his red eyes.

post-9434-144598683554_thumb.jpg

Nick also hooked one but lost it. We had fun for about an hour or so and I must say I am really impressed with what this spot "X" can offer. Thanks for a great trip boys.

Till next time, tight lines.

post-9434-144598683561_thumb.jpg

yeah, last night I was dreaming on the hook ups ... hahaa ... so addictive. Tried explaining lure fishing to bait fishing friends but they dun seem to understand. I was once like that too, now I am converted. Really have to try it by yourself and understand the adrenalin rush.

Archived