PB at Harries

blairv

The weather gods played nice last night with the storm disappearing and only a gentle breeze.

Decided to head out to Harries for a poke around to see how it was fishing. Quite a bit of weed and a strong current made it quite hard to fish.

However persistence paid off - New PB (Australian) Snapper for me going 68cms!!! Great fight and good netting by the deckie had it in the esky and now in the firdge for dinner tonight.

post-6340-144598695431_thumb.jpg

Very stoked that I presisted even though it was pretty ordinary out there

Cheers

Blair

Nice snapper mate. I bet it was the same one that made your drag scream last time we went out. We got 2 a bit smaller at mud yesterday mornimg great fight on light gear. Had a few bust offs too n a thousand small ones. It was great we went 3am no boats in site till 7am had place to ourself. i think the storm scared everyone off.

Thx Blair, we went out this morning. tailor every where around Cleveland point, around 7:00 Tuna popped up everywhere between Peel and Goat island. The Mactuna started early then the long tails came late morning. We got absolute horse of Mactuna at the boat 'lost', the biggest mactuna I've ever seen, then on the northern side of peel thats where the longtails where. We got two and both sharked :pinch: , No whales, which is a bugga.

Matt

Archived