Fishing around st lucia?

Troy_79

hey guys well its been ages since ive been on here as work has pretty much taken over my life, and when im not working my weekends are taken up by cricket:) I moved back to st lucia a few weeks ago after my previous unit complex went under in the flood. Im now next to the uni right on the river which is awesome, havent been for a fish yet but see plenty of people cast netting along the bank, and they seem to be getting alot of baitfish.

What can i expect to catch aroubnd this area? im guessing it will be mainly catfish, but has anyone on here caught anything decent around this area?

cheers

I know there used to be threadfin salmon up that way, decent size live mullet or a few live prawns on one hook is the go for them with circle hooks and enough weight to keep you close to the bottom, leave the drag loose and let it run till it is really screaming then slowly crank up the drag and lean back into it. most of the time they head for open water.

i prefer an hour before high tide till two hours after high tide.

any decent drop should hold them on the right tide.

Bull sharks are probably prominent also, similar techniques but with wire leader.

i fish up your way a bit and there are bream and catties left right and centre, but if you put in the time and effort there is definitely a few threadies around... there are also sharks that are quite prominent through the warmer months and it certainly gets the heart racing hooking into a couple of them ;) im planning to do a couple of bully sessions soon either around the indro or green bridge B)

Archived