Adding to the fleet

WayneD

Well after a long wait my new yak finally came in during the week. It's a Jackson Coosa that came on a (very) slow boat from the USA. It's a different kind of yak. It has a high or low position seating and you can comfortably stand up in it and fish. Some big hatches which will be great for camping weekends with the boys.

Hull weight : 28.5kg

Width: 80cm

Length Overall: 3.45m

Capacity: 175kg

Here's some pics from my first session on Thursday when I met up with Wes on the Brisbane River. Blooded it quite nicely with 4 bass over 50cm and a yella and a few other rats.

post-1190-14459871468_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598714685_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598714689_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598714693_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598714697_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598714701_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598714707_thumb.jpg

post-1190-14459871471_thumb.jpg

Max. Jackson kayaks are originally a whitewater kayak brand. This is their first venture into fishing yaks. It has been so successful in the states that they have just released a few more models. The stability comes from a wide flat bottom and a big standing area. The top sides of the yak are skinnier than normal. No hope of fitting a rod holder. This allows a greater area for standing with your feet apart.

Ant. Paddling up high is a little weird and my paddle is probably 20cm too short. But the upside is that it is super comfortable.

Scope. Damn rats they plagued me all arvo ;) . That's the problem with fishing with Wes. He keeps all the big ones to himself.

Baptism. Mate I am stoked with the Coosa. Although I can't wait to see the cuda in the flesh.

Milan. Don't worry I've still got an Espri.

• 2 weeks later...
Max. Jackson kayaks are originally a whitewater kayak brand. This is their first venture into fishing yaks. It has been so successful in the states that they have just released a few more models. The stability comes from a wide flat bottom and a big standing area. The top sides of the yak are skinnier than normal. No hope of fitting a rod holder. This allows a greater area for standing with your feet apart.

Ant. Paddling up high is a little weird and my paddle is probably 20cm too short. But the upside is that it is super comfortable.

Scope. Damn rats they plagued me all arvo ;) . That's the problem with fishing with Wes. He keeps all the big ones to himself.

Baptism. Mate I am stoked with the Coosa. Although I can't wait to see the cuda in the flesh.

Milan. Don't worry I've still got an Espri.

I tried out the coosa recently but I reckon cuda would suit my needs more as it has a larger hatch in the middle; useful for stowing rods/other gear away.

Main thing I love about jackson fishing kayaks is the seat! (no more wet bum!)

Waiting on the notification when the cuda arrives :)

@toonie

adventureoutlet on the goldy has coosas, not sure if they have any left though.

• 2 weeks later...

Added a beer drink holder to the seat and a stand up assist cord.

post-1190-144598727461_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598727468_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598727474_thumb.jpg

Toonie did you get hold of Craig at Adventure Outlet? I haven't spoken to him for a few weeks not sure if he has any left in stock. He can get them in though. As soon as the importer lands them Craig can get you one. Best to preorder as they are pretty popular apparently. The ebay guy is Ben from Horizon Line Canoes down in Sydney if you have no luck through Craig then give him a call.

Don't bother trying to import it yourself. Way too much hassle.

Archived