Does anyone own one of these? Help needed.

taib

Yeah I was looking at the victas but too many models to choose from though seems like the extra few dollars might make a difference. Just being tight coz I rather spend the extra dollars on fishing gear. The Kmart brand sounds cheap but looks built like a tank so I thought I'd ask first.

Keep suggestions coming guys.

Cheers

If you search out a Briggs & Stratton engined unit ensure it is an American built unit, not a Chinese one....You can research the engine model number through the net.

I got a Rover 75 Mulch and Catch at the start of the year. No problems so far. Don't buy from Bunnings or KMart, go to a proper mowing services shop.

You've got a relatively large yard to maintain Tai so its worth getting a decent mower as it will be used. I bought a Scott boner from bunnings about 3 years ago, which apparently are made in the same factory as the Victas. Its been alright, although we have a small yard so its only on for about 5 to 10 minutes at a time. I should get it serviced, its starting to sound a bit ordinary.

yeah Honda are the ducks nuts of push mowers .

i got a rover with a Briggs & Stratton motor.

it my dad's he used it for 15 years and it was getting tired so he gave it to me,i flogged the crap out of it for 5 years before it died .i was mowing 5 lawns a week for about 2 years ,replaced the motor with a Tecumseh motor .cost me $300 + back in the day ,but mowers cost more them days .

if it died now i would just go out and buy one of these 200 to 250 $ mowers ,i reckon they would be ok for normal use = yard size up to 600 sq meters .

i have cheap generators ,petrol water blasters etc .the motors are copy's of a Honda or briggs motor ,they seam of for normal use .

Archived