People just dont understand

buih87

I have been getting a lot of people complaining about how many fishing rods and reels i have and not only that but they think its a waste of time and money. I am starting to get annoyed because it's the same as people buying a huge 4WD which has never seen the sand or mud. It's a hobby and when you're in love with your fishing you can feel the difference in each rod and you grow to love your gear after ever fish caught. Fishing is hit and miss and you never catch fish every time(well it's like that with me) Fishing can be more then a hobby. People treat it like a sport and for fly fishing and lure fishing i view it as an art form. it's all about technique right? I fish in the any situation besides storms and strong windy weather. rain doesn't bother me at all(that's what rain coats are for B) )

[attachment:1]DSC00188.jpg[/attachment]

Anyway i just wanted to see how many fisho's deal with people not understanding the passion of fishing.

we are all in the same boat :whistle: :lol::lol:

had 3 boats, sold 1 recently and still have 2. Wife goes "Sell another boat! Why do you need 2 boats for?!".. my answer - just incase it floods again, we have a boat for us and another to rescue others.

I refuse to sell and want to keep them both. I pulled the "look how many shoes you have?" and copped a wack on the shoulder.... SHE JUST DOESNT UNDERSTAND!

Ive already been in trouble for saying that fishing will still be around when she is not.

It's like the only time we can get out and get away from life and get into the zone of relaxing and being one with nature. girls get their time out shopping. why cant we get time out to fish? work hard all week and it be nice to have time out to fish and relax.

I now have the misses trained not to ask that silly question anymore (she just shakes her head) I work2 jobs so to hell with them all ouch the bloody thing just wacked me as I typing this.People drink.smoke and complain about not having any money and ask me why I work 2 job's my reply is for my drug habit (fishing)

P.S going in the morning lmfao

I had some psychic spiritual soul (yeah don't ask) tell me once that I must meditate alot. When I revealed that I didn't but I did go fishing alot she said then that is your form of meditation :cheer: My partner was standing next to me at the time just shaking her head :lol: Yesterday when she asked me what I want for Christmas I said ohh, a Nordic Stage rod would be nice and I got the old "I thought you said you had enough rods" reply. You're right, they don't understand ;)

fishing is addictive. and you can never have enough enough rods or gear. leaste we are not out drinking or gambling. i remember bringing a girlfriend fishing.... never again. she couldnt hack the mozzies and she slept most the time. ruined the day for me. having said that i even had newbie mates who was just a bag of sinkers around my leg the whole day. ruins the zen while fishing...

fishing is addictive. and you can never have enough enough rods or gear. leaste we are not out drinking or gambling. i remember bringing a girlfriend fishing.... never again. she couldnt hack the mozzies and she slept most the time. ruined the day for me. having said that i even had newbie mates who was just a bag of sinkers around my leg the whole day. ruins the zen while fishing...

Hahaha, yer never take wives/gf fishing, I made that mistake once, and i spent most of my time , baiting , casting, realing in, rehooking, and all she did was stand there and held onto the rod.

we are all in the same boat :whistle: :lol::lol:

had 3 boats, sold 1 recently and still have 2. Wife goes "Sell another boat! Why do you need 2 boats for?!".. my answer - just incase it floods again, we have a boat for us and another to rescue others.

I refuse to sell and want to keep them both. I pulled the "look how many shoes you have?" and copped a wack on the shoulder.... SHE JUST DOESNT UNDERSTAND!

Ive already been in trouble for saying that fishing will still be around when she is not.

I hear ya. when i got my half cab my mrs was all good about it, but 2 weeks later when she went into the shed & seen my tinny sitting there, :whistle: well it started, you see she was under ther impression i had traded it in on the half cab, :lol: but hey, i don't want to take the family out in the bay in a tinny, but i don't want to take a half cab up the creek dragging crab pots over the side of it either. i just can't the the prob, :P

When I was young my Grandparents used to tell me that on the first night of their honeymoon my grandfather couldn't help himself and instead of performing his husbandly duties he went fishing for bream. Apparently my grandmother came down to spend some time with him whilst he was fishing and knocked his bag of bait prawns into the water. Apparently that was their first ever major fight as a married couple :P . True story.

I'm pretty lucky in that regard. My wife doesn't enjoy fishing (she does try to put on a good show once in awhile to keep me happy) but she doesn't have a problem with me doing it.

Every time I bring home a new piece of equipment or a bag full of lures though, I can see the mental calculator going in her head :lol: Someday soon, she is going to hit me with the "You've spent x amount on fishing equipment, so I thought I'd treat myself to a new L.V. handbag" :pinch:

Before we moved here, she went Christmas shopping for me at Cabela's. Rather than getting me a gift card, she wanted to get me the actual gear. One of the sales associates sees her with a hand basket jam packed with Rapala hardbodies and figures he'll try to be helpful asking things like, "what does he fish for, etc." Her response was, "It doesn't matter what the lures are meant for, he'll find a way to use them." :lol:

It's like the only time we can get out and get away from life and get into the zone of relaxing and being one with nature. girls get their time out shopping. why cant we get time out to fish? work hard all week and it be nice to have time out to fish and relax.

try and convert her. i converted my wife and she now out fishes me some times. take her on a fishing trip she will never forget, one that she is catching fish constantly so she gets hooked.

or try and get her ito a hobby

the deal is with my wife, if i buy myself something then i have to buy her something

Archived