Finally! My first bullie:)

buih87

This happened last week but i was pushed into posting about my PB B) I have been aiming for a bull sharks for a while now and I finally hooked one just out of the Brisbane river. my 80lb leader was shredded but it gave me a good run:) oh yeah... amazing thing was it took a whole dead prawn... must have been hungry :whistle: nose tip to end of the fork of the tail measured dead on 80cm .

oh yeah... turns out camera phones arent so good at night... hopefully i get a good camera for christmas:)

Quick thanks to madmullet for the tips on catching bullsharks. And surfingant for tips on how to set the drag while fishing.

And last but not least taib for his yelling in the ear to show his support :blink:

Woohoo well done Hai, very nice bully mate :)

Thanks ant, If you're wondering why i am not holding my catch... it's because i am a Pansy:P i was kinda scared it will swing to give me a kiss if i held it by the tail :ohmy: hahaha never held a fish with teeth before. but feel like my life is somehow a lil more complete. caught it on a 2-4kg Catana with a 1000size Sienna. Good FUN :woohoo:

Bout time you shared your darkest secrets lol. Pity u lost the other 2 bullies at the surface. There is always Xmas eve night fishing :)

Hey hey hey! We're not posting about my failures :( hahaha maybe i should'nt curse so loud late at night huh?... i'll get them again... :whistle: yes... santa owes me a Threadfin Salmon.

I'm always worried they'll swing around too mate :S not sure if they really can but those teeth are sharp on those critters! Goes to show you dont need a big bait to catch a bullie, I reckon a lot of bust offs can be attributed to toothies even when people are fishing for breambos. 80cm is a respectable size for your first bullie :woohoo:

Thanks ant, If you're wondering why i am not holding my catch... it's because i am a Pansy:P i was kinda scared it will swing to give me a kiss if i held it by the tail :ohmy: hahaha never held a fish with teeth before. but feel like my life is somehow a lil more complete. caught it on a 2-4kg Catana with a 1000size Sienna. Good FUN :woohoo:

very rare for a bully to swing body up and bite you. in allthe yrs i have been chasin them i havent had one come evan close, their body isnt design to do that..

how to handle a small shark safely is not grab it tightly behind its head and then grab its tail as well, cuase if you have controll of it movements its alot safer to handle them.

or if you are game enough when they hav calmed down yopu can comfort lift them.

I'm always worried they'll swing around too mate :S not sure if they really can but those teeth are sharp on those critters! Goes to show you dont need a big bait to catch a bullie, I reckon a lot of bust offs can be attributed to toothies even when people are fishing for breambos. 80cm is a respectable size for your first bullie :woohoo:

Thanks mate. The whole night i was aiming for a threadfin and something kept smashing my prawns and busting me off. being short tempered, i just decided to use wire trace and it worked a treat:)

very rare for a bully to swing body up and bite you. in allthe yrs i have been chasin them i havent had one come evan close, their body isnt design to do that..

how to handle a small shark safely is not grab it tightly behind its head and then grab its tail as well, cuase if you have controll of it movements its alot safer to handle them.

or if you are game enough when they hav calmed down yopu can comfort lift them.

sounds good, i will give it a go next time:) he was a fat one wasnt he? hahaha

Archived