peel island/ horse shoe bay.

lachrdr

Hey guys,

After returning from a few years living in the USA, a mate wants to take his boat out for a cruise over to horse shoe bay on the weekend. I was hoping to throw a line in and as I've never fished the area before was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to target, and maybe what bait/lures work around there. Unfortunately most of the family and friends coming aren't too into fishing and just want a cruise and to relax in the bay for lunch for a couple hours. So i may be stuck in the bay for most of the day. although as I said ive never been over there so not sure if thats bad or not.

any help would be much appreciated.

oh and this all depends on whether qantas find my rod in time. last i hear its somewhere in the U.S.A. luckily i packed my reel in my backpack so I can throw it onto one of my old mans old rods

HI Lachrdr,

really depends if you just want to have fun with light gear or actually want something to take home, if you're happy mucking around of light gear, get a small hard body lure and have a cast around horseshoe bay, the pike, bream and whiting will keep you entertained, if you're after something more substanial try get the to anchor up the southern end of horse shoe bay(the end closer to straddie) theres usually some squire hanging around there.

Good luck, Im heading out tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Cam

Archived