Recommended Charters in Fiji

BrisBassMan

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good charter operator over in Fiji. I'm going over there in late September and hope to get into some of the GT popping they have over there :blink: . I will most likely be in the Warwick Resort Coral Coast. Don't know if I can but I'm also hoping to use some of the resorts kayaks to hit the reef area near the resort for smaller varieties of critters also using my own gear.

If anyone has been there and done that your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Good idea getting in early, I was there in November and thopught I would be able to turn up and get a charter... There were plenty there, but it was going to be something like $500 Aus for a half day!!!! That was at Port Denarau, hopefully you will be able to get a better deal on the coral coast.

I also know some of the areas we stay were protected areas so you couldnt fish. I did a lot of snorkeling around the close reefs near the resorts and strangely the biggest fish i saw was probably a 30cm Gar. There were plenty of fish on the reef, just nothing big chasing them

Dont worry about Charters.

The Warwick has a great reef system out the front and if you catch a bongo van up the road to the Naviti and walk around the sunken rock wall there to the end there is some great GT action.

I stayed there and a gardener took me out in his boat about 200 meters from that rock wall and it was awesome.

Like a few people have said the reefs close to the resorts are generally no fish zones.

I stayed in the Yassawa Islands in December and prior to leaving did some research on charters and found them to be quite expensive!

In the end i payed a local Fijian for the use of his boat and he would take me to nearby reefs which we could fish which was good fun.

Perhaps you could call the resort to get some info on charters etc... and see what they come up with

Cheers

Archived