Catfish fishing in thailand

jgarner447

Hey guys just thought id share some of the fun ive been having over here in thailand with my fellow AFO members, so far i have been fishing at 2 fishing parks , have been catching mekong and striped catfish ... boy do these things take off like a bat out of hell lol, firstly ill post pics from my first trip as i havent downloaded the pics from my second trip yet from my sd card, the biggest for the day was 35kgs ( not caught by me ) my biggest for the day was 25kgs :) im also planning a 3rd trip tomorrow. The fishing destinations were

Wit Biggame Tour "Chiangmai"

Bung Sam Ran fishing park "Bangkok"

AC's Phuket fishing park "Phuket"

Just incase any members were planning to go to thailand i highly recommend the first 2 parks they were excelent , cant give feedback on the 3rd yet

Hope you all enjoy :)

Wit Biggame Tour fishing park picures

post-9836-144598749379_thumb.jpg

post-9836-144598749392_thumb.jpg

post-9836-144598749399_thumb.jpg

post-9836-144598749405_thumb.jpg

post-9836-144598749411_thumb.jpg

post-9836-14459874943_thumb.jpg

post-9836-144598749418_thumb.jpg

post-9836-144598749424_thumb.jpg

There not really slimey ....nothing like our cattys. They were all caught by bait...first park used a bread mix which you squash in to a little burly cage making a ball shape the size of a cricket ball then about 10cm of line below the ball with a hook baited with bread crust......the second park used a mixture they called lam...which was milled rice mixed with river water and coconut cream....same method for fishing but no bread on the hook....i saw others threading 1 or 2 bean bag balls on the hook I guess to float the hook near the bait ball....this method was more effective at the second park...p.s my fishing guide did not show me this method lol he just liked wasting my bait coz then id have to buy more lol.... The park in chiang mai was great.. Really awesome guide to help u catch the most fish possible between me and my friend we got 6 or 7 each :)

Awesome stuff. I'm heading over mid Feb and will have a look.

Have you found any good tackle stores worth stocking up at. I had my car broken into doing the sunrise hike at My Warning and lost all my bait fishing and hard body tackle. So I'm keen to stock up again.

Looking forward to more pics

Well i went to the phuket fishing park yesterday and it was pretty good too, managed to get about 15 catfish between the 2 of us and i was lucky enough to also catch a huge Pacu about 5kgs and a saimese black carp about 15 kgs :) was a mad fight let me tell you, those saimese carp are smart fish and hard to catch , you can see them jumping out of the water the same way dolphins do at a great speed when there feeding, they also will float upright and all u see is there big lips sticking out of the water lol its strange, pretty impressive to see, i also saw a small red tailed catfish caught but it was petty small, will try upload all the pics from these 3 great parks by sunday, i highly recommend these parks if anyone is going to Chiang mai, Bangkok or Phuket in the future :)

Archived