New to Brisbane

PilbaraBrad

Gday ladies and Gents

I am new to the Brisbane area, i have recently moved over from Far North West WA, from the Pilbara region. i traded in my North West boat recently for a 5m hornet trophy. I have allready had some pretty good success up in the sandy straits on barra and flatties, fishes a lot different to what i am used to but a lot of fun

I love just about anything, particularly estuary fishing for barra and heavy popping for GT's. I got into fly fishing about 2 or so years ago and having a lot of fun with that as well.

Would be keen to catch up with some people to fish with locally, i live in Manly and like i said am happy to use my boat or decky.

I have attached a couple of photos for interests sake, feel free to drop me a message or reply if anyone local is interested

cheers

Brad

SAM_0005.jpg

The new rig

DPP_20053.jpg

fraser island lizard

DPP_20038.jpg

another

DPP_0005.jpg

Popped spango

farewellmonts9.jpg

life in the North West

FW27.jpg

red bass almost done

FW24.jpg

nice little GT

IMG_1668.jpg

jack

IMG_0332.jpg

my old rig in a remote creek

IMG_0112.jpg

This one is a shot of a bazz i landed in the sandy straits not so long ago

Welcome to the site mate. Was just reading your Port Headland reports - some seriously epic fishing!! Not sure if you've heard but threadfin salmon are quite abundant (and yet as I write this I remind myself that I am yet to catch one!!!!!!) in the Brisbane River. Most popular places I know of seem to be around the mouth on the northern side and the pipeline a few hundred metres inside the river mouth on the northern side.

Plenty of places/spots to explore with a boat like yours. I have a 4.2m Stacer with a 30hp Johnno and need to get out and try a few more places (mainly done the river mouth and Mud Island so far).

Anyway, have fun exploring and might catch you on the water sometime. I live at Murarrie, so not far away.

Welcome to the site Brad, My sister lives over that way well, up past broome a bit, she has her own boat and some of the pics she sends back are crazy.. Like the pics mate, great looking Jack!! Welcome on the boat anytime, I rekon your going to like the thready fishing in the brissy river and theres plenty of bay and offshore action to be had...

Brad

Archived