Quick Bully sesh Fri, Mud today.

dan25

Hey all,

Friday 17/02/2011 - Decided to hit the bullies again friday arvo for a landbased sesh for an hour or so. Took a bit of waiting around, and eventually there was interest in the bait. After a few timid runs, he finally kicked in to gear and stormed off. Only a little fella but still good fun. B)

P1000430.jpg

Today - With some good forecasts, and the whether looking like it was gonna be awesome, the decision was made for a mate and I hit to mud island in the tinny. We launched at 6am, and it didn't take too long before we were at mud. With my sounder buggered, we stuck to the shallows inclose to the island throwing 3inch Zman plastics and 5 inch Damiki Armershads. First cast of the morning in about a metre of water, the armershad got hammered by a nice grassy. After a pretty good fight on 3lb in the shallows, we netted a solid 36cm Grassy Sweetlip. Soon after I got bricked in the reef by something real solid. :blink:

P1000431.jpg

Anyway, it was a pretty slow bite for most of the day, with a lot of effort needed to get a few fish. We plotted away along the edges, and I soon managed another Sweetlip going 34cm, and a few moses. Later, we spotted a bait school in literally a foot of water over some serious rocky terrain. I threw my 5inch armershad in, and the plastic got destroyed with no hook up. Brayden cast in straight after and hooked up to what looked alright. Awesome fight on the light line, in real shallow water in came a 40cm Tailor. Next cast, I also hooked up and got a 43cm Tailor.

P1000434.jpg

P1000439-Copy.jpg

P1000443.jpg

Overall, pretty slow day, with a fair few fish lost, but it was still awesome fun, and keen as to head back.

Cheers

Dan

Archived