Aquarium......?

webbfunk

Just wondering how many people on here that are into fishing have fish that they keep at home in an a aquarium?

Lots of people of met that are into fishing have tanks.

I've got a 3 foot tank with a salmontail catfish and a baby barra...plus another 3 foot tank with a big Oscar and some American cichlids. 6 x 2 foot tank coming soon...

I've been keeping natives for a few years, although I don't have all that many. I've got several tanks, but my main one is 6ft. I had a 'toga, a couple of barra and a murray cod living in it with a few redclaws.

The Murray ended up going in his own tank as he kept beating up the other fish, even chomped his mouth either side of the missus' finger when she was doing a water change.

The 'toga we had to give away as he was getting too big for the tank, He got up to 60cm before I gave him to a mate with a bigger tank, he's now well over 80cm and going strong!

I got another barra recently and I just introduced him to shrimp. Also got a sucker fish in there with him to keep things tidy.

I got my whole setup (cheap tank + filter + aerator + gravel + 2 plants + barra + sucker + snail + Pellets + a few shrimp for JR everynow and then for under $50.) so all you's who say its too expensive theres something wrong with you!

Mother is getting a big tank with Archer fish for her birthday, that'll be fun.

Archived