Gad

IDQ20032

Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology

Queensland

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST

SEVERE WEATHER WARNING for Heavy Rainfall

For people in the Capricornia, Wide Bay and Burnett, Maranoa and Warrego,

Darling Downs and Granite Belt, Southeast Coast and parts of the Central West

and Central Highlands and Coalfields districts.

Issued at 7:55 pm on Wednesday 21 March 2012

Synoptic Situation: At 7pm AEST, the monsoon trough extended across northwest

and central Queensland from the Gulf Country to the Capricornia district. A

tropical low was situated approximately 165 kilometres east northeast of

Longreach and moving in an easterly direction at 20 kilometres per hour.

The low is expected to move in an east southeasterly direction this evening while

weakening gradually during Thursday. A secondary low is otherwise expected to

develop near or off Fraser Island or the Sunshine Coast late Thursday.

Heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and worsen the existing flood

situation is expected in the Capricornia, Wide Bay and Burnett, Maranoa and

Warrego, southeastern parts of the Central West, southern and eastern parts of

the Central Highlands and Coalfields and northern parts of the Darling Downs and

Granite Belt districts this evening. 24 hour totals of 50 to 100mm are likely

with isolated heavier falls greater than 150mm possible. Locations that may be

affected include Emerald, Gladstone, Bundaberg, Charleville, Roma and Taroom.

These conditions are expected to extend southwards across the Southeast Coast

and remaining parts of the Darling Downs and Granite Belt tonight and early

Thursday while gradually easing across central and western districts during the

day. Locations that may be affected include Hervey bay, Fraser Island,

Maryborough, the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane and Ipswich.

At 7:50pm AEST, the heaviest rain was located on radar south of Gladstone with

estimated falls in excess of 100mm occurring in the area and also east and south

of Emerald with 50mm recorded last 3 hours at Roddas Lookout [south of Emerald].

In the 10 hours since 9am AEST Wednesday [to 7pm], the highest rainfall totals

have been recorded about the Capricornia district, including Samuel Hill with

119mm, Gladstone Radar with 91mm and Yeppoon with 69mm.

Heavy rainfall is now easing about the Channel Country district and therefore

the warning for this district is now CANCELLED. However, showers and

thunderstorms are still expected to occur in this district this evening and

Severe Thunderstorm Warnings will be issued as necessary.

A separate Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Damaging Wind and Heavy Rainfall has

been issued for parts of the Capricornia and Central Highlands and Coalfields

districts.

Flood Warnings are current for various rivers and streams; refer to

www.bom.gov.au/qld/warnings.

Emergency Management Queensland advises that people should:

- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.

- Avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters.

- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.

For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.

The next warning is due to be issued by 11pm Wednesday

FLOOD WARNING FOR COASTAL RIVERS AND ADJACENT INLAND CATCHMENTS FROM

MARYBOROUGH TO NSW BORDER

Issued at 8:15 am EST on Thursday 22 March 2012

by the Bureau of Meteorology, Brisbane

Rainfall totals of 40-65mm have been recorded in the coastal regions between

Maryborough and Brisbane since 9am Wednesday. A severe weather warning is

current for the area with rainfall totals of up to 120mm possible during the

next 6 hours. Fast river and creek rises are expected in the areas of heaviest

rainfall.

MAROOCHY RIVER:

River levels are rising at Diddillibah with minor levels expected during

Thursday morning.

MOOLOOLAH RIVER:

Minor flood levels are rising at Jordan Street, with moderate flood levels

possible this morning.

COOCHIN CREEK:

Minor flood levels are rising at Old Gympie Road, with moderate flood levels

possible with further rainfall.

Weather Forecast:

For the latest weather information see: www.bom.gov.au/qld/forecasts

Next Issue:

The next warning will be issued by about 1:00pm Thursday

Warnings and River Height Bulletins are available at www.bom.gov.au/qld/flood .

Flood Warnings are also available on telephone 1300 659 219 at a low call cost

of 27.5 cents, more from mobile, public and satellite phones.

PRIORITY

Coastal Waters Wind Warning

For Sandy Cape to Point Danger, including Moreton Bay.

Issued at 8:20 am EST on Thursday 22 March 2012

Synoptic Situation

At 7 am EST, a trough was forming off the southern Queensland coast with a low [1000 hpa] located off Fraser Island. The low is expected to move southwards during the day and be located north of Cape Moreton by this evening. The low and trough are then expected to move further offshore on Friday.

Gale Warning

Sandy Cape to Double Island Point

SE to NE winds 30 to 40 knots, easing below 34 knots from the north by early afternoon and below 26 knots during the remainder of the afternoon. Seas 3 to 4 metres, decreasing below 3 metres during the afternoon. A 2.5 metre E to SE swell.

Gale Warning

Double Island Point to Cape Moreton

SE to NE winds 25 to 33 knots, increasing to 30 to 40 knots from the north during the morning. Winds decreasing below 34 knots from the north late tonight and below 26 knots early Friday morning while shifting S to SW. Seas 3 metres, rising to 4 metres during the morning. A 2.5 metre E to SE swell.

Gale Warning

Cape Moreton to Point Danger

SE to NE winds increasing to 25 to 33 knots by late morning, increasing to 30 to 40 knots from the north during the afternoon and evening. Winds decreasing below 34 knots Friday morning and below 26 knots during Friday while shifting SE to SW. Seas 3 metres, rising to 4 metres during this afternoon and evening. A 2.5 metre E to SE swell.

Gale Warning

Moreton Bay

SE to NE winds increasing to 25 to 30 knots late this morning, reaching 30 to 35 knots during this afternoon and evening. Winds decreasing below 26 knots Friday morning while shifting SE to SW. Seas to 1.8 metres.

The next warning will be issued by 11 am EST.

Bloody hell, Gad. You're like the fisherman's grim reaper giving us the this bad news way too often.

and apparently,with out the severity,it may keep coming,??? :(

National Climate Centre long-range forecast warns that SEQ&Nth NSW face a 60 to 80 per cent chance of above average rainfall for the next three months

Link: http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/ahead/rain_ahead.shtml

National Seasonal Rainfall Outlook: probabilities for April to June 2012, issued 21st March 2012

Wetter season favoured for much of eastern Australia

The national outlook for April to June 2012 shows the following:

• large parts of eastern Australia more likely to have a wetter season

• southeast SA, western and central Victoria, and Tasmania more likely to have a drier season

This outlook is mostly due to warmer than normal waters over the Indian Ocean.

The chances of receiving above median rainfall for April to June are above 60% over southeastern Queensland and the northeastern half of NSW, rising to a greater than 75% chance over the far northeast of NSW and southeast of Queensland. Such odds mean that for every ten years with similar ocean patterns like the current, about six to eight years would be expected to be wetter than average over these areas, while about two to four years would be expected to be drier during the April to June period.

I think its time for people to start realising that the weather we have had since our drought broke may not be all natural. We have been experimenting with weather modification and cloud seeding for years.

Please dont call me crazy or a conspiracy theorist unless you take the time and effort to look into what I am saying

I think its time for people to start realising that the weather we have had since our drought broke may not be all natural. We have been experimenting with weather modification and cloud seeding for years.

Please dont call me crazy or a conspiracy theorist unless you take the time and effort to look into what I am saying

Please explain the mechanism then.

I am assuming they would have stopped seeding clouds when the drought broke if they were doing it all.

I believe that some need to understand,that yes, climate change exists; there’s no denying it; it’s a natural phenomenon. The climate works in cycles.

PS.. if I`m wrong, I would bet that Clive Palmer and the CIA are behind it ;)

haha the government is lurking around the corner listening :D

Come one mate that is a pretty big statement. You have to put up references if you want to defend the statement like that.

I could not imagine a government around that would be seeding clouds at the moment and in most cases cloud seeding has been ineffective. If it was effective we would not have suffered the recent drought.

I believe that some need to understand,that yes, climate change exists; there’s no denying it; it’s a natural phenomenon. The climate works in cycles.

PS.. if I`m wrong, I would bet that Clive Palmer and the CIA are behind it ;)

Cheers Gad.

There are a few documentaries on weather and cycles. History has shown that there are many a cycle out there, that make a lot of difference to our weather. Weather it be global warming, global cooling, increased cyclones, magnetic field flips (see below)

Fortunately for us, we have been in a long period of stable weather, which is very uncharacteristic for our planet earth.

Unfortunately, instead of the mass media jumping on this bandwagon, they jump on the bandwagon of human induced global warming. Ignore the point about C02 levels being umpteen times higher millions of years ago than they are today, just focus on the C02 levels in the last 3,000 to 10,000 years!

I bet the majority of people out there have never heard of the magnetic field flipping either.. Like a lot of cycles, we're apparently long overdue for one of those too. (yes, our compasses really would point south instead of north; google geomagnetic reversals)

Yeah but magnetic flips dont happen overnight. The happen over something like 10000 years.

If you look at nautical charts most have a deviation from magnetic to true north and some even have a change per year factor.

I realise they don't happen overnight. I remember there being talk at one point that we may be in the process of one occuring right now as there was some evidence of the magnetic field weakening.

You are right in saying that magnetic north is not the same as true north. Good thing we started to rely more on GPS and less on a handheld compass. During the 20th century (according to wikipedia) the pole moved 1100km... not bad eh. and its current speed has increased up to around 50km a year.

My point wasn't about things happening overnight, rather that there are many a cycle that takes place on our humble planet earth. Fortunately for us, many of these cycles have been in a 'quiet' stage, and haven't provided us with some truly wild weather that millions of years of history tells us occurs. Due to this, we expect this quiet weather to be the norm, and anything else we jump up and down fearing the end of the world is just around the corner.

From the Not so Sunny Coast

/>http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2012/03/22/severe-weather-warning-thecoast/

The tropical low extends the monsoon trough across the SEQ coast.

A separate trough is located along the southern Queensland coast and is deepening.

At v4pm it was reported that a low is forming on the trough north of Cape Moreton and is expected to move southwards overnight, (this low isnt out to sea, its right next to the coast)and then east during Friday.

Below is the MTSAT 1km vis for Brisbane,also the remnants of the tropical low can be seen in the top left corner approaching the Capricornia coast.(this is the low that moved from the Gulf over the w/end)

/>http://realtime2.bsch.au.com/vis_sat2.html?region=brisbane&loop=no&images=&allday=&start=&stop=#nav

http://www.colinandrews.net/HAARP-AustraliaAfterOlga.html

/>http://www.colinandrews.net/HAARP-2.html

/>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_radiation_management

/>http://www.australianrain.com.au/index.html

/>http://www.weathermodification.com/projects.php?id=4

/>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program

There is also the fact the you can see ripples in the sky around brisbane constantly when these weather events are happening....just start looking at the clouds, they dont always look normal

You really arent looking then...The 3 times i have been on today, there have been straight lines emitting from the South East of NSW and over Exmouth WA.

They are always in the same areas, Exmouth, Longreach area, Bottom of NSW, SE QLD, VIC Melbourne area. They sometimes look like dotted lines. They are only on Radar function, not satellite

Most likely over a straight part of mountain range, like the one you can see over Mid NSW right now is the Great Dividing range/Blue Mountains

EDIT: The lines are forming along the edge of a High pressure system, if you look at the map thirstyman you can see that the line you speak of matches up with part of the high pressure system just off the east coast.

I find it incredibly hard to believe those lines are natural. You don't get lines that straight in nature.

keep searching,'the truth' is out there ;) ,but be aware,if you think you have found it (whatever that is) and stop seeking then no more finding will occur. :)

Call me a skeptic but I just find it a little hard to believe that climate engineering technology is at a stage where it can make a difference.

A heap of the world's water problems would be solved. The Aral Sea would not be a shadow if its former size. Starvation wouldn't be a problem in a lot of Africa, The middle east would not spend billions on desalination. There would have been no drought in SE Qld.

Straight lines and other artefacts appear in all kinds of electronic equipment as a result of interference or glitches in signal processing. Just look at a sounder next time your on a boat. Heaps of stuff appears thats not quite right.

Even if stright lines on the radar were a result of cloud seeding, how long would the particulates stay in a straight line? As soon as they were dispersed from a plane they would start swirling in strong, upper level winds and turbulence created by the aircraft.

Archived