Brisbane River Classic 2007???

Plastic Fantastic

Hey mate.

Sure will be.

The dates are the 7th 8th & 9th od December as stated in the sites calendar.

You can fish by foot or boat, as long as its in the Brisbane River. The exact boudaries, rules and categories will be announced a bit closer to the event.

Angus

hi everyone, when we get a chance we will update the site with the information for the event and the 2007 entry forms etc, however we're a bit short of time at the moment. in the next few weeks hopefully :)

[img size=277]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/images/stories/brc_logo_2007.jpg

7th,8th and 9th December 2007

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/07/24 22:28

I'll give you the heads up OD...

1. No anchoring of boats (i.e. you cannot use your anchor)

2. Minimum line size - Mono 100lb; Braid - you cannot use braid;

3. No bait.

4. Allowable lure types - all lures must be skirted surface lures.

5. Landbased fisherpersons must only wear rubber thongs.

6. Boats must be made of wood.

7. Any fish caught must be weighed in live.

8. Once a fish is weighed in you cannot recommence fishing until ellicat has weighed in a larger one.

;)

webmaster wrote:

hi everyone, when we get a chance we will update the site with the information for the event and the 2007 entry forms etc, however we're a bit short of time at the moment. in the next few weeks hopefully :)

[img size=277]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/images/stories/brc_logo_2007.jpg

7th,8th and 9th December 2007<br><br>Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/07/24 22:28

Hey Webby - Can I get some big stickers with that logo - I just love it. :kiss: Please:)

To save you time the engraving on the major trophy should read \"Southern Chillies\" Biggest Fish.

Oceandonkey wrote:

Could you please spell everything out for those that havent competed in a tournement type event before when you post the info. Ill be in it for sure but more on the social side of things but still wouldnt want to break any rules.

Hey OD I'll spell it out for you. F U N - fun. I suggest you leave all the worry to the web guys and enjoy the ride. They do a good job and leave nothing unturned.

However last year we all gave em a bit of a hard time cause we all took it a bit serious so this year I am going to do my darnest to keep it fun.

Probably will officially compete this year again, boat insurance is probably affordable. (Price is ok, its just if your boat is over 20 years old, one has to apply in person, which sounds a bit worrying) If insurance becomes an issue for me, (IE they wont give it to me) I will just happen to fishing in the River for 3 days, and make a donation to the site suspiciously about the same as an entry fee!

I named my first boat for sentimental reason \"take it steady\" my grandad used to say that to me and he was the first person to take me fishing so when he passed away I thought that would be a good tribute. Plastic mans parents boat is named \"dam crazy\" cause of all the dam fishing they did in it.

Hey OD what \"O Donk\" for your tinny.

Mine is called Fur Ball cause I get forking up $$$ and I have to cough when I talk to my wife about it.

The other is called \"Cannon Ball\" cause Feral called his Silver Bullet and my tinny is shorter and stumpier then the bullet.

But my favourite i sthe boat Ray sold Jeff - \"X-Ray\" :woohoo: :woohoo: Oh crap I crack myself.:blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived