Donnybrook 28/07 (photos attached)

Fisher_90

Today we went up to Donnybrook and arrived at the boatramp at around 10.45(yes slept in). We left the boatramp and headed for spot X. Arrived and set up my rod on worm went off. I pulled in a 28cm Whiting. About 10 minutes later i was on on Prawns and i got a 41cm Flathead. After the Flathead i got another whiting this time 27cm. All throghout we were catching small Bream and Flathead. Headed off for a different spot and caught another 37cm Flathead. We stayed around for a while and caught nothing so headed back to the ramp. On the way back we stopped at the Oyster Leases and casted Fresh Prawns right in close and next thing you no i have a 26cm Bream on my line. This was quite a good day for Donnybrook IMO. I will hopefully be returning in the next fortnight. Weather permitting.

I was back home by 4pm.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/RIMG0201_AFO.jpg

Post edited by: Fisher_90, at: 2007/07/28 17:28

post-1372-144598422224_thumb.jpg

As usual i was there too at Donnybrook on Friday afternoon catching Flatty, Bream, so so Whiting same size as above and also some Taylor. Nothing to talk up the place but i only went there to pick me up some bait, mainly Yabbies and a couple worms and a few Hermit crabs. My plan was to just get some bait and head to clontarf to take out the fish of the month Bream. But with a boat full of bait and hooks waiting to be baited I couldn't help myself. Anyways, finally went to Clontarf anchored with 2 anchors rite onto some rocks. Not a soul there, could see in the distance other boats, so had the place all to myself. Used the Yabbies no weight on one rod and hermit grab on another. Bugger me! If i didn't catch more small fells than i care to ever see again. So there goes my fotm attempt, next time.

So i still had bait left and didn't want to freeze it for burley, i kept them alive and fished Saturday night at Donnybrook again. With an incoming tide about 6pm i was settled in for awhile till i ran out of bait. Again, i caught a few bream, whiting on the worms and still nothing to share a pic with you guys. Hopefully next time.

Steve

Archived