Whats the go with Kookaburra Park?

Plastic Fantastic

hey all,

just thought id share a thought with you guys and see if you can help explain it coz im stumped.

i live in karana downs so kookaburra park/mt. crosby weir is a bike ride away so naturally i have many secret little hidy holes that USUALLY produce excellent results...

i say usually coz i've noticed of late that im catching nothing at these spots - not even catfish! i even went down to my fail safe good ol' kookaburra park today in the hope of at least catching some catfish for a bit of fun but alas...in 4 hrs i only managed one smally :S

does anyone know were all the catfish have buggred off to during the last couple of months? i have a sneaking suspicion that they probably go off the bite during winter due to the cold water and such but i mean to not even catch catfish at kookaburra park is a bit strange...and it aint tide coz those catties at kooky are in plague proportions...

speaking bout tides you shoulda seen the size of the one today! massive! never seen a king tide so big in the brissy river :S

anyways guys i'll leave it at that.

cheers

Interesting I caught 3 little catties near there on Sat morning. I was using small Mustard Big Mouths though, catties go suicidal on them! Romeo was using a different hook and didn't even appear to get much of a nibble. I also caught a little flounder in the castnet! That's a first for me:silly:

Edit: woops forgot to mention I also had a big fillet of eel out for bities just in case, but of course nothing touched it!:pinch:

Post edited by: werewolf, at: 2007/07/31 20:17

mate lozzel was telling me the water is a bit cold for catties so they should return as it starts to warm up bloody pests:evil: but i still get a few bream when i go down there. but the water temp is cold as at the moment. im sure as it warms up the fish will return

Archived