Good mechanic??

Eug

Hi all,

Thinking about going elsewhere for my servicing my Navara. I have extended dealer warranty until 2015 but with their new 'capped price servicing' costs I could probably repair any problems out of my own pocket with the money saved. I will have a read through what the extended warranty actually covers tonight.

Putting the feelers out on what mechanics people use on their diesel cars? I would prefer something on the Western or Southern parts of Brisbane but am flexible.

I can do basic fluids, oils, filters, etc. every 5,000 but looking for someone to do log book servicing every 10,000 until I can teach myself diesel stuff (used to do own petrol car).

To put it in perspective they want:

- $450 (60,000km)

- $300 (70,000km)

- $1070 (80,000km)

- $300 (90,000km)

- $500 (100,000km)

- $300 (110,000km)

- $1070 (120,000km)

Cheers boys and girls

Eug

Yes dealer servicing can be a rort, when I bought my Patrol I took into consideration servicing costs as part of the decision to by a patrol over a cruiser. Standard service for the 4.2td was quoted at $272 which was dear for a oil change but I thought what the hell new car and all. When it went for its first service at Nissan they tried to charge me $385 so after a loud heated discussion told them to stick their factory servicing up their clacker. I was using a guy in Strathpine but have gone back to doing it myself. Sorry can't help you with a spanner man out your way though.

Approach you local mechanic with that proposal Eug.... i am sure the universal currency will sway his pen to sign your service book.

I did it for 3 years and he was very happy to get a carton for his signiture.

Just demonstrate you can carry out the correct interval servicing properly yourself.

yeah stuff the service log book.put it in every 50,000 :silly: might sound crazy but seriously give a diesel clean air clean oil good clean fuel you shouldnt have much of a drama.my last diesel (LN motor) did over 1,000,000km i seviced it my self.

A regular diesel treatment to prevent fungal build up is a must.the genuine nisan stuff i find the best.

i make my own biodiesel and run it in my patrol and the genuine nissan diesel treatment stuff really knocks the fungus on the head.

Cheers Azza and Stu. I just got a bill for $465 for the 60,000 so I'm basically looking elsewhere especially coming up to the 80 and 120k ones.

yeah stuff the service log book.put it in every 50,000 :silly: might sound crazy but seriously give a diesel clean air clean oil good clean fuel you shouldnt have much of a drama.my last diesel (LN motor) did over 1,000,000km i seviced it my self.

A regular diesel treatment to prevent fungal build up is a must.the genuine nisan stuff i find the best.

i make my own biodiesel and run it in my patrol and the genuine nissan diesel treatment stuff really knocks the fungus on the head.

I'd be interested to hear a little more of your biodiesel production Mick, currently doing research on biodiesel production actually.

I bet it's not a 3ltr Nissan motor

m8 i take both my nissans tobeerwah machanical i find them fair priced and they do a good job i just had a full service on the ute new rotars full lube tyre rotation and balance log book stamped and a safty report $600 that included a service car i was happy with that

Archived