New PB Bass

bassking

Headed up to my local hangout today for a paddle to get in a couple more Bass before the closed season.

Before I ventured out I decided to stop into BCF to pick up some new lures. Finally decided on Atomic Hardz.. 2 for $25 sounded good!

Hit the water about 1pm and paddled and flicked with no luck for a couple of hours. Which wasn't unexpected!

Finally made it up to my destination and remembered "My New Lures" Derrr!!

Anywho! Put on an Atomic Hardz Crank38 deep, and was excited, as the tight action is just what I was hoping for.

My target was a new snag I hadn't worked before. It looked the goods so I paddled over and made sure my casts were on the money!

About 3 casts in BANG!!! Followed by the most electrifying and terrifying sound you can ever hear! The sound of line peeling from a tiny 1000 sized reel filled with 6lb braid and ending with 8lb fluoro. The bend in my 1-3kg sic stick pro suggested a decent fish, after the initial run of around 5-10 metres I started to think I was in trouble :( I managed to gain a little ground, but he was having none of it! Off again, this time I could feel the line rubbing on his last ticket to freedom! Hell no I said! After a stale mate of around 1 minute, and me on the verge of just conceding, I grabbed the paddle with my free hand and worked back over the snag!

And off he went again!!! This time I wasn't playing, so with some extra drag (aided by my thumb) I managed to get it to the surface!

I believe I said Holy Moly :whistle: And somehow managed to guide it into my less than adequate net!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

So into shore for a quick measure and happy snap, then straight back into the water so he/she can make some more beautiful Bass for next season.. I know you can't see the measurement, I was too excited to check my lighting! But it was big!!!

Cheers, thanks for reading!

post-9258-144598791513_thumb.jpg

post-9258-144598791523_thumb.jpg

Good bass, shame you can't see the measure though because 59FL puts it fair and square in unicorn land ;)

Well it looked like a unicorn to me :blush:

As I dont have a brag mat I just grabbed an old tape. On closer inspection, and measuring my measure I have realised it is out a bit!

So revised measure is closer to 54-55.. Sorry folks, Honest mistake :blush:

[quote name="bassking" post=

As I dont have a brag mat I just grabbed an old tape. On closer inspection' date=' and measuring my measure I have realised it is out a bit!

So revised measure is closer to 54-55.. Sorry folks, Honest mistake :blush:

Any bass over 50 is something to skite about, :cheer: :cheer:

Cheers

Ray

\

Archived