Goldcoast Canal Breaming

dan25

The decision was made, for Justin (Sunnydays) and I to hit the canals around pacific fair today, to practise our breaming. We launched before the sun had risen, and the moon well and truly still up in the sky beaming down on the dead flat surface of the canals, it was an awesome start to the morning. B)

Light weighted plastics were the go-to technique today, with Justin also pulling a few on hardbodies. I was first off the donut, skipping a Ecogear bream prawn right up the back of a wooden jetty on a 1/40th hidden weight. It got nailed on the drop, and after a few solid runs back in to structure... he was in the net. Quick measure and a pic, he went 29.5FL. Shortly after, boated another legal bream, 24fl.

P1000793.jpg

Justin was next on, with a solid bream, from memory 25fl and on a 50mm bream prawn. Almost every pontoon was holding fish, and they were smashing the jelly prawns in the shallows... It was just a matter of dragging the plastics off the sandy bank and onto there heads and waiting for the rod to load up.. Next fish, was a 28fl on a 2inch Gulp shrimp in disco prawn. :) Soon after, Justin nailed another legal throwing a Pontoon 21 Crackjack alongside a moored boat.

P1000808.jpg

When the tide slowed up the fish really did go off the bite, but we plotted away, and pulled a fish here and there. As soon as the tide started to turn, the fish really did fire up for us... We pulled a number of undersize, but also another 3 or 4 legals each. Towards the end of the day, Justin hooked up to a good fish by the sound of his drag goin off, and the bream going straight under the pontoon... It was the best fight of the day, with a number of endless surges back to structure. Justin managed work him out in the open and net him. He was stoked, with it going 30.5FL, well done mate :) We managed a few more after, including a bream thats eye was slightly on the deformed side, poor bugger... that and decided to call it a day, after about 8hrs on the water...

P1000823.jpg

P1000809.jpg

Justins Nordic Stage rod loaded up

P1000820.jpg

The result

P1000831.jpg

Bream on 2inch Gulp Shrimp Disco Prawn colour

P1000800.jpg

28.5fl

P1000826.jpg

Justins 30.5fl

P1000838.jpg

In total we caught atleast 20 bream, with myself getting 10 legals Im pretty sure, and Justin with 6 or 7. We both got busted off a few times to good fish aswell. Thanks Justin for the day, It was a great session and I look forward to doing it again. :)

Cheers

Dan

Archived