Heartbroken

Nastymind

Just a quick sob story guys.

A couple weeks ago i found out that my work was sending me to the trade show in Goldy later this month.

`Cool` i thought.

Then, they told me that they were also accomodating me and sending me on a charter the day after.

YEEEEEEEHOOOOOOO!!!

THEN.............

Today............

I find out that i`m needed during that time in Victoria for two weeks to open up a new store.

So instead of fishing, i`ll be freezing my cahoonas off, working in Geelong.

How`s that for the sharp end of the pineapple!

So I guess its about time I 'fessed up to being the new employee on the block there. I am the one they are sending to the trade show instead and putting me up at Vesace and I will send a couple of photos from the charter just to show you what you are missing out on.

Nah, thats a bummer seriously! I hope they are giving you decent TA allowance for your travels?

Having lived most of my youth in Geelong Theres some good fishing to be had the closest Trout fishing would be Lake Purrembeet near Camperdown approx 2 hrs :( Um Jeff sorry but Kangaroo island is about 10 hrs away in SA :silly:

But port Phillip and corio bay used to fish well in winter for big knobbies a good land based spot for big snapper is St helens boat ramp in Geelong theres a rock wall on the edge of the carpark cast out as far as you can with a pillie ;) at night St Lenoard peir is about a twenty min drive from Geelong good for squid fishing the inner part of the pier and snapper etc out the front of the pier Point lonsdale and Queenscliff piers are worth a shot too ;)

Gaz

Gazza wrote:

Having lived most of my youth in Geelong Theres some good fishing to be had the closest Trout fishing would be Lake Purrembeet near Camperdown approx 2 hrs :( Um Jeff sorry but Kangaroo island is about 10 hrs away in SA :silly:

But port Phillip and corio bay used to fish well in winter for big knobbies a good land based spot for big snapper is St helens boat ramp in Geelong theres a rock wall on the edge of the carpark cast out as far as you can with a pillie ;) at night St Lenoard peir is about a twenty min drive from Geelong good for squid fishing the inner part of the pier and snapper etc out the front of the pier Point lonsdale and Queenscliff piers are worth a shot too ;)

Gaz

Thanks heaps mate.

I just printed that off.

I will get 2 days off to go fishing too.

I'll write off some of the new stores fishing gear and head on down there.

I'll be sure to keep you all posted.

All of a sudden, Geelong doesn't seem all that bad ;)

Cheers,

Michael

Post edited by: Nastymind, at: 2007/08/07 08:28

Michael, if you havent been there before - Lorne and the great Ocean road is about an hours drive from Geelong.

Not many better scenic spots around.

I spent a weekend there at a conference last year and was spewing I didnt take a pack rod.

The water looks very good , ideal for a little rock hopping or pier fishing.

cheers

mojo wrote:

Michael, if you havent been there before - Lorne and the great Ocean road is about an hours drive from Geelong.

Not many better scenic spots around.

I spent a weekend there at a conference last year and was spewing I didnt take a pack rod.

The water looks very good , ideal for a little rock hopping or pier fishing.

cheers

Cheers mate and thanks to everyone for some helpful info.

I still wish i could go to the trade show and the charter, but Geelong isn't looking to dull now at all.

I will take all the info given to me and investigate it all.

Thanks,

Michael

Talk to ya Friday bud The Great Ocean road is probably the best bike riding road in oz and has some great fishing beaches too BIG Salmon sometimes when you travell down you could see them swimming in the surf btw Bells beach is a surfers mecka :woohoo:

Some advice here from an ex Victorian, on the right tide Lorne pier goes off, I have caught good salmon, Silver trevally, couta and the occasional KG whiting (best eating fish down there;) ). Also used to spend my holidays as a kid down at Indented head (half hour drive from Geelong) and the weed beds along there used to give us a heap of KG's but that was in summer though

Archived