Wet Weather Jew Game

Funfisher

Hey All

I was meant to go to Hervey bay with the boys chasing snapper and queenies this weekend but the trip was called off due to bad weather :pinch: So to quench the thirst for the songs of singing reels the call was made to hit up the river. It was bucketing down most of the night but we managed to find a few fish to keep us happy and the bigger jew put up a really good account for itself on its first few runs and had me calling it for a more sizable fish. It had been a while since Dan had been out on the river with me so it was good to see him get onto a nice jew and a good sized taylor also.

cheers

Tristan

post-1056-14459880793_thumb.jpg

post-1056-144598807941_thumb.jpg

post-1056-144598807951_thumb.jpg

post-1056-14459880796_thumb.jpg

cheers for kind words lads and Andrew i can imagine you guys would have been copping a lot of the rain up there, we were getting drenched but the heavy rain was only in spurts and the rest of the time it was drizzle :S And Viper they were from the mouth of the river,

cheers for kind words lads and Andrew i can imagine you guys would have been copping a lot of the rain up there, we were getting drenched but the heavy rain was only in spurts and the rest of the time it was drizzle :S And Viper they were from the mouth of the river,

thats the go mate some good fish

madmullet and i were out aswell but not as much luck we just got a few runs and droped a few and catties so we decided to go prawing and ended up with 4-5kg :woohoo: which was a good return for the bad weather

Wel done again mate

Few nice jewies there.

Good to see the bigger ones showing up more now.

Im going to try Fishing the river a bit more in next week fews.

What dept are you guys fishing if you dont mind me asking. Only thing we catch at the front on tn60 and thready busters is squire lol. When we swap over to 5 inch streaks or paddletails we get jewies.

Wel done again mate

Few nice jewies there.

What dept are you guys fishing if you dont mind me asking. Only thing we catch at the front on tn60 and thready busters is squire lol. When we swap over to 5 inch streaks or paddletails we get jewies.

Hey Shane we are fishing in around 6-8mtr of water and the i have found the jew prefer a soft and silent vibes unlike the tn60's. And personaly i dont use the Z man plastics as they stink like harsh chemicals and constantly fall off the jighead and i know they say this can be fixed by adding dab of superglue to the head of the plastic but honestly even if i could be bothered doing this i would end up getting the stuff all over my fingures and gear :pinch: .. But thats just what works for me and i am no expert.

Wel done again mate

Few nice jewies there.

Lol i was going to ask what TT plastics are before you edited it.

I quite like z mans because they durable and they dont rip. I catch all my fish on them now. Yeah that super glue trick gets annoying. I always get it on my fingers lol and next day at sit around tryna get it off.

Tn60 are deadly on river squire for me. Tried it at peel yesterday not a touch. Moved to a lightly weight plastic and picked up a few legal squire.Had most my luck on the brown dog in past month. They get expensive when you lose alot. I lost 4 in a sess 2 week in the river. Got smoked big time. I think it was big cod. Up the leader to 20lb didnt get a touch. Talked to guys at tackle warehouse who fish same spot and they said they have landed big cod out of there. Just gotta get them out of the snag quick.

Hey Shane we are fishing in around 6-8mtr of water and the i have found the jew prefer a soft and silent vibes unlike the tn60's. And personaly i dont use the Z man plastics as they stink like harsh chemicals and constantly fall off the jighead and i know they say this can be fixed by adding dab of superglue to the head of the plastic but honestly even if i could be bothered doing this i would end up getting the stuff all over my fingures and gear :pinch: .. But thats just what works for me and i am no expert.

Archived