Need an Electrician for a small job on the pool

crazywalrus

Hey is there an Electrician that can help me out on north side of Brisbane. I have a pool running on Tariff 33 and the timer goes out by 4 hours each day. I need to get someone to wire in a timer that runs on a separate power source on the normal tariff. Thanks Ted

Timer shoulda been wired on a light or power circuit from the start. Sparky who installed it is a dummy. Id help ya but im on the goldy ;)

matsmad,

the pool is wired on tarrif 33 champ... if your lights and power were on this tarrif you would be sacrificing your peak times of supply. tarrif 11 is a general domestic tarrif which your normal light and power would be connected. Without checking the exact details, I think 33 will only be made available/energised for approximately 18hours a day and is controlled by frequency switch or zellwegger.

crazywalrus is doing his best to maintain a rational power bill with running 'non-essential' equipment on an off peak supply that is usually metered and charged at almost half the standard rate. when you couple this with things like solar and reducing demands over perceived solar generation peaks, they can make a significant difference to the bottom line. And lets face it, who cares what time the pool cleans itself?

Issue here is that the pool timers are sometimes fitted with internal batteries to maintain timer circuit, but these can fail or some are not even equipped with the battery - hence the "loss of approximately four hours per day". There are a few potential fixes and with a little more detail, this is a simple one to rectify. (And remember you cant afford to have the timer running the chlorinator run without the pump - google 'sodium hypochlorite' and check chemical stability)

Cheers

Sorry mate i shoulda been clearer. The timer should have been wired to T11 supply (using either light or power circuit) so that it doesnt stop when the T33 switches off and have a relay to switch the pool pump on T33. Whoever wired the timer on T33 is a douche. Im a sparky we do a lot of T33 not only pools, but hot water, air conditioners and even appliances like dryers and dishwashers. :)

Sorry mate i shoulda been clearer. The timer should have been wired to T11 supply (using either light or power circuit) so that it doesnt stop when the T33 switches off and have a relay to switch the pool pump on T33. Whoever wired the timer on T33 is a douche. Im a sparky we do a lot of T33 not only pools, but hot water, air conditioners and even appliances like dryers and dishwashers. :)

Does that mean that it is possible to run your whole house on t33 and when the t33 drops out it automatically cuts over to t11?

Cheers

Ray

Does that mean that it is possible to run your whole house on t33 and when the t33 drops out it automatically cuts over to t11?

Cheers

T

Ray

They need to be perminantly wired. When it is off it is off. I think it 33 percent of the normal tariff

YOU HAVE A POOL :woohoo:

I know where ill be next summer! Amazing home brew on tap AND a Pool!!!

Jarryd have you seen the colour of the bloody thing just watch out for the snapping hand bags he's beeding in it :P:P:P:P:P

Haha it is blue at the moment - when I get this fixed it will be better.

Archived