Is it too late to enter the Bream Social?

Bluevien

Glorious morning on the water, good fishing, a PB and a hiccup at the end.

Caught this brute on some dodgy mullet fillet off the Peninsula this morning. He went 44.5 cms and a touch under 1.3kgs making it my new bream PB. I was chatting with a kayaker when I hooked up and he was kind enough to take the photo.

RockPatch004.jpg

RockPatch006.jpg

This was after a couple of pan-sized squire hit the deck just after 6.30.

RockPatch010.jpg

The hiccup was battery troubles again meaning another tow by Redcliffe Coast Guard.... We are on first name basis now.

Something to do with the voltage going down not up when the motor is running. Hopefully Sally will be up and running for Hervey Bay in a couple of weeks.

Enjoy the weekend, fellas and ladies... some of it is shaping up to be a cracker.

Rob

Cracking Breambo!

You mean you can catch them on bait?!? :blink:

Haha, yeah and it was the stinkiest, 3 times defrosted, last piece of mullet in a bag of left over bait that got it. I gave the plastics a go and only got a pike I will recyle another time.

Lol.... good old stinky bait does the trick. Great looking bream.

Do you have electrical stuff on in boat when engine is not running? Get a voltage meter across your battery with engine running and see if the alternator is charging the battery at all.

Old battery, no charge going in? Might be a case of couple of hours of listening to the radio sucks the life out of it.

Booty

Lol.... good old stinky bait does the trick. Great looking bream.

Do you have electrical stuff on in boat when engine is not running? Get a voltage meter across your battery with engine running and see if the alternator is charging the battery at all.

Old battery, no charge going in? Might be a case of couple of hours of listening to the radio sucks the life out of it.

Booty, I usually only have the sounder on when anchored but turned it off yesterday once I was on my mark. The battery was replaced only 2 months ago when the old one lost a cell in April. I took the boat straight back to the boat mechanic thinking the battery he sold me was a dud but it does look like the alternator isn't charging it. The mecahanic was scrathing his head when I had to leave it yesterday but hopefully it doesn't take him too long to get it sorted.

Archived