hi!

fishergirl

OK, Im a Noob. My name is Lisa and Im a fishergirl obviously...i live in hervey bay...

Im not from Brisbane but i spend a little bit of time down there, and Im going to be there all weekend this weekend...

I need some tips and hints from some locals about easy to get to fishing spots..and preferred bait and tackle..

I went fishing last time at the mouth of the Nudgee Creek/ RIver it was a bit windy and way to many jelly fish...and some little creek behind the airport..there was an oil refinery on the opther side of the creek..

Im only going to have light tackle, so im looking for somewhere to fish!!!!!

normally i do reef fishing or wide fishing, occasionally beach fishing..

I used to do alot of river fishing when i lived on the Clarence river..but havent done in a while..

thanks in advance.

Lisa!

(please excuse all my typos!!)

Well just for bread and butter fish i would suggest you bring a 2-4kg or 3-5kg setup with 6-8lb line. That should be suffiecent. If you just want bream,whiting,flathead i would try Live Bait if you can get it or Live Bloodworms (From a baitshop), fresh prawns or white bait. On a simple running sinker trace with a size 3-4 sinker and a size 10-12 swivel, hook size is up to you. But i like to fish Longshank size 4 for whiting, Widegap size 6 for Bream and Size 1/0 Longshank for Flathead. Good Luck

fishergirl wrote:

ok well that all makes sense, but

i only know the northside of Bris. and the only fishing store i actually know the location of is the BCF in Virginia...

Im not trying to pry into secret locations lol, just a general idea...

thanks though

Hi fishergirl, welcome aboard.

The guys here will give you some quality information for sure.

If you want some more, just duck down to Anaconda at Everton Park (you can get the address off the website). Speak to young Mark or Trevor. They know their stuff and can help you out for sure.

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

ill keep all that in mind!!!

yeah, i was in BCF the other week buying some tackle, and my boyfriend was like, your a girl....stop making this one of your long shopping trips.. seriously lol. i wanted to keep looking and he dragged me out the door......

i have a couple of el-cheapo rods stored in Bris...they are really light ones possibly only good for light whiting fishing... If im cashed up might invest in a new baitcaster and rod (4-6kg)

who knows...

does anyone know how the weather this weekend is shaping up? what about the tides? (i would not know where to start looking for those seeing as how i am not in the area at this moment!)

fishergirl wrote:

I have a couple of el-cheapo rods stored in Bris...they are really light ones possibly only good for light whiting fishing... If im cashed up might invest in a new baitcaster and rod (4-6kg)

who knows...

Check out the Mojiko/Daiwa combo available for AFO users.

Search the forum for Mojiko/Daiwa Combo

I rekon this is the best spot to see what the weather is doing, it has details a week in advance. Be warned, it changes often so check back just before the trip but the tides stay the same of course

/>http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/qld.asp

Woody

Fisher_90 wrote:

The weather this weekend will be under 10knts both days and the high tide at 8.15 SAT and 9.15 SUN or thereabouts each day.

mmm thats AM right lol.

So if i want to fish the run out tide, i got to get up nice and early...so that i can get there beofre the tide turns.. im not a great early riser! is there any preferences down ther between day and night time fishing?

Archived