What do you do when the site is down?

rayke1938

This is what i have done over the weekend.

1.Cleaned out the roof of the garage and rigged up a pulley system to store canoe in the rafters instead of it sitting on top if my dam boat.

2. Remade the roof rack for carrying the canoe on top of the hilux.

3. Started to make a couple of rod storage racks fir a couple of people that I promised them to.

4 Successfully evaded mowing the lawn I just kicked over a few thistles and now it looks ok.

Ray

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010620_AFO.jpg

post-230-144598423565_thumb.jpg

Council Clean up up my way, So I cleaned out my shed, 2 trailer loads of \"just put that in the shed dear\", plus all the kids old bikes, boogie boards, cubby house furniture etc now in a big midden heap on the footpath awaiting the neighbours to come and collect it!

Also the big Goat next door worked out how to climb the fence, so Saturday I did the old Atlas trick and picked him up on my shoulders and tossed him back. But Sunday he was back chewing on the missus's rose bushes, so had to catch him and tie him up to the fence in the neighbours joint. Once they work out how to do it you cant stop them. I stuck a pleasant note politely requesting he keep his goat in his place. (Truly it was pleasant, I get on well with the neighbours). However if the goat comes back, he is getting a free midnight drive! Its not worth the chewing on my ear from the missus about her prize rose bushes!

whatnow wrote:

Feral waiting for all the scavengers to show their faces ey? :laugh:

Well I thought I was doing rather well getting rid of it, the pile was only about half size today. Then I looked in the kids cubby house, they have been retrieving all the broken old toys and bikes! I had to through it all out again!

Feral wrote:

whatnow wrote:
Feral waiting for all the scavengers to show their faces ey? :laugh:

Well I thought I was doing rather well getting rid of it, the pile was only about half size today. Then I looked in the kids cubby house, they have been retrieving all the broken old toys and bikes! I had to through it all out again!

That is hilarious!!:laugh: :laugh:

Well had another black hole in my life this morning . Couldnt go fishing as I am going tomorrow so got the dam boat ready and checked shrimp ( only have 45 live ones left so looks like an order next week.

Then started on rod racks and saw a split in the belt on my belt sander so off to hardware for another one.

When replacing belt realised that I also needed to sharpen the knives on my planer so I searched high and low for the sharpening jig. Bugger cant find it so I had to grind them by eye. Took 2 hours as I must have knicked a couple of nails as there were large chunks missing from the edge.

The worse job was honing the 10 inch knives on a 9 inch oilstone but got it right in the end.

Didnt get much done on the rod racks but now I have started I will keep at it.

Here is a photo of the canoe and both boats in the shed. As you can see there is still plenty of organising to do.

Ray

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010620_AFO-1101001a907a3c3997b9d23ad608c337.jpg

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2007/08/08 19:47

post-230-144598423585_thumb.jpg

whatnow wrote:

tim why do you do your homework first

i go fishing then do homework lol

haha usually the same but I have to get the parents off my back. Also it would be good to get a good job when I'm older so I can afford my boats (notice plural) and gear.

Tanya wrote:

What do I do when the site is down?

I have an uninterrupted conversation with my fiance thats what!

However, jokes on me, if the site is down what do you think he wants to talk to me about...

Starts with F ends in ING

:laugh: :laugh: Oh Angus, Take the girl out for a drink and dance. Maybe a bunch of flowers and some chocies?:kiss: :kiss: ;)

Tanya thanx for shareing him with us.It's appriciated. Damn I may have to get you a choccie myself:whistle:

Archived