New PB Cobia

thriller

Hit my new Favourite spot yesterday.

Got told off for getting too close to another boat sitting right on my bait ground mark,

oh well it was worth it.

boated about 7 Cobia, 2 of them had some of my previously lost tackle still in there gobs! score.

I lost roughly 15 or so fish to the reef, drag too high, or knots letting go and also my baitrunner drag washers getting sticky late in the fight to a giant as it started to tail walk, what a sight to see. (had my bag limit by then but would have mad a good picture)

here's some Photo's of the Biggest fish for the day

post-3870-144598818577_thumb.jpg

post-3870-144598818584_thumb.jpg

Nice work mate. I'm going to get one of them this year. What terminal knot are you using, what lb leader.

My Tackle included lines of 50lb braid with bimini to double uni to 80lb black magic tough trace. I also used another knot I was taught at Jones's tackle but it was in japanese so I don't know the name. both failed :(

I put it down to poor drag washers and excessive drag pressure.

I also ran 130lb leader for a while, but probs not needed

Yeah thought it might have been.. I am looking at one myself, are you happy with yours inside the bay and outside the bay?.?.

Imho it's a good bay boat, I have had it outside a dozen times and I don't feel like I am pushing its capability. but I would like a slightly bigger boat for a little more room when there is more than 2 fisho's on board.

Archived