Is There Anything Boomerangs Won't Catch?

Schultzy

During that same Saturday morning on the Richmond River chasing estuary perch I landed this fish. The lure is a 65mm Boomerang in mulga frog colour. The skipper on the day, Kev Clark reckons I must be related to bessy the cow.

[img size=450]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/luderick_500pxl.jpg

They reckon US muskies are the fish of a thousand casts. This is only the fourth luderick I've caught on a lure in four decades of lure fishing. That must make these things the fish of about 11 trillion casts.:S

This catch prompted a luderick session from the rocks on Sunday morning fishing with cabbage instead of lures. Gotta do it the right way occasionally! Had a ball. Read all about it in September Bush n Beach.

Post edited by: Schultzy, at: 2007/08/11 11:33

post-108-144598424046_thumb.jpg

Kris, it was a HUGE fluke but I suppose if you spend enough time on the water these things are prone to happen eventually.

By the way I was sorting through photos and found some pics of Somerset bass caught on that tarpon coloured Boomerang you had at the barbie. I guess it will work.

I'll post a pic if you like.

Schultzy wrote:

Kris, it was a HUGE fluke but I suppose if you spend enough time on the water these things are prone to happen eventually.

By the way I was sorting through photos and found some pics of Somerset bass caught on that tarpon coloured Boomerang you had at the barbie. I guess it will work.

I'll post a pic if you like.

mate that would be tops!:woohoo:

Not huge. Did measure it but can't recall at the moment; too many fish, not enough brain cells.:huh:

I'll have to ask young Michael, the lucky lad who caught the fish, next time I see him. He is the friend of a work colleague's son. It was his first trip on freshwater, his first bass, first fish on a lure, etc. Took the lads out for the morning to give them a buzz and keep them interested in fishing.

Archived