awesome day on the water with keen as aka Bill

Often Debaited

got to the ramp after pickin Bill up and thought how smooth is it on the river.....loaded the boated and put her in the water .. took off and had a quick flick while Bill set his up..... then took off and went to a spot we knew held fish(we caught em there last time hehehe) flickin around and 2nd cast for Bill he hooks up on a respectable flathead....... we had a nice drift happenin so i thought leave it and we should be ok.......well long story short we made it to the main channel and had caught around 3 - 4 fish each....i released a flathead of about 50cm and i thought ive never done this with something this big... let it go hehehehe but it did feel good. we went for a quick burn back up the river and stopped at the first place of the the morning.... i changed to a hard body and Bill to a 5" Damiki (forgot the colour) plastic and 2nd cast again he hooks up.... im tryin to get my lure out of the way and i hook up as well ... great . crossed lines... so i move up to the front and continue my fight while Bill has his hands full with a brute of a fish.....as mine gets to the boat an im about to grab it the line snaps , damn .. but it was only 4lb leader.....so back to Bill and his fight.....it came up and we saw a big flattie shakin its head and wanting to get away but we got it closer to the boat and it was too big for my net so i grabbed the bogas and as Bill steered him closer i stuck the bogas in his gob , lifted over the side and we had a 67cm , 5lb flathead in the boat ... high fives and huge smiles and a few pics later it was despatched to the live tank...... Bill was stoked as he had never caught a fish with his 5' plastics......so after the excitement we kept on with the flick to only a few touch ups and missed opportunities.......so all in all we had an awesome day on the water .... great weather and a mill pond of a river........

post-9595-144598833175_thumb.jpg

post-9595-144598833188_thumb.jpg

Thanks again for today Rodney. It was a great morning on the water, no where near as much wind as yesterday.

The flatties seem to be thickening up again too which is great to see. I was expecting to see a few bream out and about but they were all in hiding somewhere.

A bit of bad luck your big fish mate, but there's always next time. It was nice to get a double hook up like, just wish I had a go pro :lol:

Finally managed to pull a couple of fish on the 5" Moebi Armor shad as well.

From the phone call I got from Matt, he had a ripper of a session to.

If any of the other members on here get the chance to fill a decky spot with Rodney, take it.

It's just a nice easy going time on the water.

Here's a couple more pics from today.

post-7081-144598833215_thumb.jpg

post-7081-144598833224_thumb.jpg

post-7081-144598833231_thumb.jpg

post-7081-14459883324_thumb.jpg

post-7081-14459883325_thumb.jpg

post-7081-144598833259_thumb.jpg

Archived