Brag Mats For Sale - AFO Sponsors & Friends

Obsession_Fishing

Hey AFOers!

A few sponsors and friends of AFO have got together to put out a brag mat.

post-9039-144598836222_thumb.jpg

Participants (Clockwise):

Damiki

The Lure Of Fishing

Pontoon 21

Sports Tuition

Camp Lake Fire

Obsession Fishing

Nordic Stage

In the future there may be some online comps requiring fish photographed on these mats so dont miss your chance!

These are due for delivery in a months time and we wanted to offer AFO'ers a discounted price for pre-orders.

The mats are 80cm and made by Tackleware Australia. The material is sturdy and should ensure a lot!

Price:

$25 for 1

$40 for 2.

$7.50 Postage.

If you want to order one please email to this address: angus@obsessionfishingaustralia.com

The following information:

Name:

Address:

Email:

Mobile:

Quantity:

Please make payments to:

Commonwealth Bank

BSB: 06 4183

Account: 1025 7248

This offer will expire on the 26th of August.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. All the logos have an equal stake in this we at Obsession have just offered to handle the orders to make things simple. Cheers.

In the future there may be some online comps requiring fish photographed on these mats so dont miss your chance!

Wow.... So it's going to cost an additional $32,50 to participate in some online events?

Oh my god some people are negative...

It was not going to be matter of needing to buy the mat so you could participate. It was a bonus for people that had already bought themselves a quality product to use it to their advantage. It relates in no way to AFO events whatsoever as previously stated but was going to be an informal "bit of fun" for people that had them.

I think I saw 7 sponsors on that mat.

So, for every mat sold each sponsor is pocketing about $3.06!?!? Where can I make that kind of money? :P Just think everybody, if 500 of them sell Manni might be able to replace one of the computers that were stolen from him.

Honestly, I already have an 80 cm brag mat. But I'm buying this one tomorrow because I'd rather have a spare brag mat I bought from people I consider friends than to go buy one from BCF when I find out my kid dropped my other one in the drink. (Truth be told, the other one becomes his once this one arrives).

Think of this mat as a raffle ticket that has multiple entries. Don't want to enter the competition, then don't buy one. Seriously, if there was a promotional giveaway included with these that was a $3 pack of hooks to 1 of the buyers, nobody would care. But, because there are these mysterious maybe competitions that might have a prize I don't know about, I feel like I am being forced into buying this product.

It really doesn't need to be so difficult.

I think I saw 7 sponsors on that mat.

So, for every mat sold each sponsor is pocketing about $3.06!?!? Where can I make that kind of money? :P Just think everybody, if 500 of them sell Manni might be able to replace one of the computers that were stolen from him.

Honestly, I already have an 80 cm brag mat. But I'm buying this one tomorrow because I'd rather have a spare brag mat I bought from people I consider friends than to go buy one from BCF when I find out my kid dropped my other one in the drink. (Truth be told, the other one becomes his once this one arrives).

Think of this mat as a raffle ticket that has multiple entries. Don't want to enter the competition, then don't buy one. Seriously, if there was a promotional giveaway included with these that was a $3 pack of hooks to 1 of the buyers, nobody would care. But, because there are these mysterious maybe competitions that might have a prize I don't know about, I feel like I am being forced into buying this product.

It really doesn't need to be so difficult.

Cheers Gary so we'll put you down for 500 :P:P

To clarify:

"If" there are any events run it will not be official AFO ones but rather general promotional ones conducted on forums, Facebook and the sponsors own websites. Just like so many company companies do with their products. For example, lure companies might request "the best fish caught on "x" lure" and the winner gets a prize. This is not the reason one would buy the lure, but a nice bonus if you have one for an already purchased product (and a nice fish to boot).

In the future, if you want clarification, how about a PM as opposed to tarnishing the overall point of the thread. In this way we can amend if we agree it was unclear and move forward proactively.

If anyone knows the Obsession crew (Henry and Angus) pick up can be arranged to reduce the price to $25 per mat.

Cheers.

I am tipping the clarification comment is aimed directly at me as I used that very word in my comment. My post was in no way meant to tarnish the original concept of the thread at all, and in saying that I have copied below the major component of my PM sent to the Obsession account to explain where i was coming from with my post.

I will try and explain how I and no doubt others would have interpreted your original post.

AFO is made up of a broad cross section of the community, from those well paid, to those currently looking for work and dollars do dictate the final decision made by a lot of fisherman, I included! Fishing is one activity that once you have a rod, reel, and a bit of tackle, you can laze away the afternoon for the price of a pack of servo prawns and hence why it attracts many people.

People join AFO as it’s a free forum if they want it to be. There is no joining fee, no compulsion to make donations and then just lurk in the background and soak up the information for no outlay.

So although marketed by Obsession

Fishing, obviously there is a blurred line between AFO and Obsession with people with fingers in both pies and that is where the 'online competition' confusion may come in to it.

The quote 'In the future there may be some online comps requiring fish photographed on these mats...' I have associated with AFO comps such as Fish of the Month, and other comps where photographic evidence of fish length is the entry requirement. In fact being an online forum all the comps may be seen by members as 'online comps' as they are promoted, organised, and marketed online.

An alternate paragraph such as 'Obsession Fishing may in future run some online competitions via their Facebook page requiring fish to be measured and photographed on these mats, so ensure your eligibility by securing your mat at this special discounted price now'. Do you see how the paragraph contains the same information but conveys an entirely different message?

Archived